cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which will take first tor or availability chek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai friends

can any one clear my doubt whether the tor is thaking forst or availability check is taking first

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, First TOR happens then Availability check.

When we create sales order, each line item is created as a schedule line.

The Schedule line represents the customer intended delivery date and quantity to be delivered.

This information is transferred as TOR to Material Requirements Planning(MRP).

MRP then checks if the enough stock is available for the required date.

Then based on the check forward scheduling, backward scheduling takes place.

Reward points pls.

Regards,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have seen this same question a number of times on the forum.. just want to understand is this an interview question or a problem faced or any scenario which you are trying that brings you to this question.

anyways, as i know its first the availability check which takes place and on saving the sales order only the stock requirements are updated at MD04. from there either purchase requisitions or planned orders are taken to purchase orders and production orders respectively.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitche,

Availability check will take place before TOR.

Hope this helps you.

Do award points if you found them useful.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The system checks the availability of the goods based on the requested delivery date of the customer and creates MRP records which contain all necessary information for passing on to planning. It ensures that the goods are available in time for the delivery.

Materials planning transfers(tor) the reported requirements and creates orders or purchase requisitions from them etc.

Regards,

Srikanthraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Availability check is considered as a pre-sale activity where as TOR is considered as a post-sale activity.

As soon as you enter a material in a sales order.........the system checks the availability of the stocks depending on the requested delivery date mentioned in the order.

Then it does the backward or forward scheduling depending on the availability of the stocks.

Once the stocks and delivery dates are confirmed..........and you save the sales order........only then Requriements of the stocks are transferred to the Materials department i.e. (TOR).

REWARD POINTS IF HELPFUL

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

availability chek takes first