cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR master in Object Link

Former Member
0 Kudos

My customer wants to add HR master in the Object link list.Can anybody tell me how to add HR master in the DMS object link ,what are the steps involved to add HR master.

Best Regards

Sham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sham,

For any development which are not available in standard DMS, u can contact ur ABAPERs, they will check the main program for creating screen nos for object linking.

Thank You,

Manoj

Pl. reward if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry but I am an consultant and maybe I don't understand this expert information.

So It's possible to create an custom object link to PA20 to use DMS or I have to implement Archive link?

Look at this example:

In the system there are 2 Module pool SAPLCv130 e SAPLCV140 I think to use the logical that I find in dynpro 0204 in the programm SAPLCV00 then I should create an FM:

OBJECT_CHECK _XXX ; XXXX= CID for example and copy the FM

OBJECT_CHECK_EQUI

It could the right solution or You are telling something else,

could you explain again?

Thanks in advance

ciao

Vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

HR was never designed to have DMS object links due to the Info Type security requirements. Using DMS, these security requirements would have to be replicated to follow the complex HR integration structure.

ArchiveLink is the preferred method of integration for HR.

1. ArchiveLink requires various methods for integration to be complex. Define Content Repository specifically for HR in OAC0

2. Define Document Type

3. Define link and workflow customising in OAD5

4. Define method of retrieval using OAA3 (if necessary)

Documents are stored in OAWD and retrieved from HR object itself although buttons can be added in HR to make this more fluent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your information. I know it can difficult realize that you said me above all because I don't know Archivelink.

However I tried to do it.

Some questions..

1. Create repository LV in OAC0

I put:

Storage type: 03 SAP DB ( I donu2019t know what put..)

Rep sub type Normal

Version 0046

Contents table SDOKCONT1 ( for the moment)

Transfer dir C:\

Phys path : C:\

2. I have created with OAD5 the workflow but now I donu2019t know how to see that I have done

From document ? (cv01n?) no I think from HR how?

Could you help me?

Best regards

Vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you can use the database for ArchiveLink, its normally best to use an external content server.

Cv01N is not used for archivelink. As mentioned previously, use OAWD for storing documents. Retrieval is from HR using display facsimile or display specific facsimile. Do not try use the store facsimile option in HR, it will request a barcode and not allow you to store the document immediately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hill

Ok I understand to use Archivelink.

So I use PA20 and I try to attach a file. The system says me what type of document I want to create I put for example HRIRESUME Curriculum vitae .

The system says me insert barcode (mandatory) and I don't know how erase..

You said to use a partculary facsimile but where I get it?

Thanks in advance

Vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Tcode OAWD to store documents. You can view them from the PA30 but it is best to store them in OAWD because it doesn't ask for the barcode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol

I try to do something according to your information. Now I want to create a repository for test, how I have to create it? There are many possibilities but for the test (after I will ask to my client where He wants store his documents..) How can I create my repository?

I use OAC0, repository = example LV

storage type ? If I haven't content server I can use 09. Logical repository and What I put in

Symbolic Rep?

or I could put 06 RFC archive But I don't know what I put in RFC destination,

What Do you advise to create a test reposittory that It use for example a directory on my pc for example? (C:\HRarchive)?

Thanks

Ciao

Vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use an old desktop as a content server for testing if need be. Install the SAP content server software and setup an ArchiveLink Repository. Use HTTP not RFC, RFC was the old technology used prior to 4.5.

I suggest you have a look at the ArchiveLink help files. There is some comprehensive information in there which would help you.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/b6/ff0d794b9e11d192f20000e829fbc6/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read something. Normally do you create a business document ad hoc ..or you try to use standard sap?

I verify that in many case the repository is definined with RFC maybe because the client hasn't no content server ..so I might put the document in directories sap is there some problem?

If I decide to use as you suggest http I have to put a content server?

in any case where can I download the software you suggest me?

thanks

ciao

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP content server software should be with your basis team. It comes with the rest of the SAP software that is supplied to customers. Its a bit large to download off the web, but I think it is possible from SAP's download site.

The content server is normally the recommended route to go because it prevents massive growth of the SAP database.

I'm not sure what you mean with your question on adhoc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol

I studied Archivelink and I understand something. There is only a problem with workflow.

I would like to activate a workflow on my type document but when I use a wizard the system propose me a method but

after it says me " the method not is instance independence". I look at Business Object "PREL" because I archive HRRESUME but this Business Object hasn't any independent method and so I don't know which I have to use.

Finally the system has created an workflow but I don't know as I do "binding" from event container and Workflow Container.

I look at the trace the workflow and I notice that the event triggers "assigned".

Could you help me?

thanks in advance

Vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I set up the document type with the standard create method and got the same message you did but it's just informational and you can still continue with the document type configuration.

I gave it a late task and ran OAWD and it asked for a pernr and an infotype. I had configured the 105 infotype and I used my pernr and it attached the image fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can do this with abap development

they need to make screens and config in dc10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sham,

I have the same problem. I should link PA20 or CID person to the DMS. I thoght to create a document TYpe and

define an object link to an HR object ( as I usually do for esxample Material) but I have seen that It seems not possibile?

How Do you solve your problem?

Have you implement Archive link? I don't know this argument, very well

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance

Vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

as far as i know there is no standard integration between DMS and HR. (by mean of object linking)

HR uses ArchiveLink to store employee Photo, CV, appraisals,....etc.

you can read more in Archive link for more information.

regards,

Abduaziz