cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC slow,its urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have ECC 6.0 im ny landscape.I have installed develoment and quality servers on one server of hp which is having 4 gb of ram.my os is HP-UX.now i am facing performance issue,system is very slow and i feel that since both development and quality instances are on one server that is why?

when i see in st02,there are many reds in swaps namely

program buffer and CUA.

the size of program buffer is 350 mb and CUA is 300 kb on both development and quality servers.Please help me as it is urgent

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Check the avilable memory and max. memory used in ST02. You can increase the abap buffersize, this will increase the performance.

Regards,

Hari.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

You have not mention about the Database? If it is Oracle then what is the size of SGA?

Try to increase the size of SGA also?

Give us some more details?

Best Wishes.

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, you have 4GB of RAM

If your DB is 500MB it will be slow but not deadly, as you are not MCOD that mean 2 x 500MB DB's.

Equally if you set your shared mempory in each system to be say 800MB in total, you will get it a little slow but OK.

Add 700MB for the OS and you now are using 2.5 GB

Having 2 GW's , 2 ICM's and 2 Dispatchers as well as say 10 WP per instance will give say 1.2 GB of memory and so you are up to 3.7 GB of memory IF you have sized your systems as I suggest... this is without any extended memory and to be honest if ytou have only a few users on these well tuned systems for the memory then you will be over 4GB.

What your problem is likely to be is that you have over allocated in the shared memory and databse areas and I would do the opposite of what everyone else is suggesting and look at dropping the DB sizes and the shared memory sizes.... to be honest though, is far easier and not that expensive to double up on RAM to 8GB and at least have a chance of running as what I have suggested fo rthe best use of 4GB is stoll going to make your system poerform fairly poorly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Program buffers are important for performance, but not much for CUA . How many swaps do you get

in a day .. is the difference between two given days greater than 10000 ? then it could cause problems.

for ECC installation program buffer should be atleast 500 MB . increase it . Adapt the parameter setting as per note for ECC as given in ECC installation guide for your database . Check out the Dialog response time

in ST03n and calculate where the wait time is in your system . performance related issues is not for memory alone . Is it a Double stack ?? or ABAP only running in your system ?/

REgards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

you're right, your problem is the fact that you run two instances on a host with to few memory. To run an ECC 6.0 System you should have 8 GB of memory per system. If you have less, you will have performance problems. You may be also use your 4GB server as test system if you have a very limited number of users in test. For a reasonable amount of users 20-50 I would recommend a 8GB server.

Regards

Ralph