cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy values not populating..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDMer's,

I am trying to extract the Merchandising hirarchies from SAP to MDM.

I suceceed in that and cud see them in Datamanger --Taxonomy tab,

but along with the heirarchies their corresponding values dint get populated ..

ie. for eg

Car Accessories—30--->Seat cover—301---->Leather --3011

So now i cud populate Car accessories-- Seat Cover >Laether ,but not the nos ie 30->301--->3011

..I think i am able to explain the isssue

i am also trying to map the XML manually and import it but no success and still struggling...

Please need some assistance guys

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant ,

Apart from delimiters , also check following.

1. The corrosponding field for nos ( 30 , 301 etc. ) in MDM hierarchy table , is defined as display field = Yes.

2. Sequency of display fields in MDM table will also change the display format , for example -

Code : Desc

30 : Car accessories

Desc : Code

Car accessories : 30

Regards,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

The first thing u have to look after is the delimiter provided in the source or else u can create a hierarchy also (with a limit 3). Apart from this u also have to map the leaf node value.

I think then the values will be visible.

In the Import Manager after mapping the fileds at the value level select the whole Hierarchy and select as add as child and the leaf node values will be mapped.

I hope this helps.

Reward me points if useful.

Regards

Deepankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

As u have explained u were able to get the taxonomy but you were unable to get the values with it.

While importing any kind of Taxonomy along with its attributes check with what delimiter the values are separated. like , ; / \ so then accordingly split that field with the delimiter.

After u split the field with the delimiter map this field with the categories field in the master table and if required do the value mapping.

Now that the taxonomy is created u need to have attributes assigned to them.

You can do this by manually creating the attributes and values in data manager and link them or else if u have data then import them directly into the Categories [Attributes] table, Categories [Values] table and Categories [links] table.

Hope dis helps u

Regards Tejas..............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas ,

While importing any kind of Taxonomy along with its attributes check with what delimiter the values are separated. like , ; / \ so then accordingly split that field with the delimiter????

Where do i look for this delimiters.?????

Can you explain please?

Regards

Vikrant..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

In hierarchy mode it will only shows the hierarchy but in the taxonomy mode it shows the Hierarchy along with its Values.

for importing the value along with its attributes following is the procedure:

1)create the hierarchy in the partitioned Field/Value, select the category table in the destination side map it as add as Branch child, Then Import.close the map.

2)select the category[Attributes] on the destination side, map Type and Name[English] with attribute name, then import and close the map.

3)select the category[Text value] and category [Link] with there appropriate field and then import it.

It is important to import the links for the value,then only it will shows the corresponding value of the Attribute in Data manager.

Here in your case you are able to import only the hierarchy try importing the link of the value which will solve your problem.

hope dis helps you,

Reward points if found helpful

Regards,

swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the source side u need to look for the delimiter

Like if the field is having values as

Printer / Laser / 200 dpi

Printer / Laser / 300 dpi

Printer / Inkjet / 200 dpi

then in this case the delimiter is / (forward slash) then while importing select the field from the source side right click and set delimiter as / .

Then again right click on it and either split it into Heirarchy or Multiple fields as per ur requirement.

Regards Tejas........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas and MDmer's,

I am trying to map now the values in import manager ,

PA silly question but need too ask.In source hierarchy i have selected Class hierarchies,this shud be mapped to taxonomy table ,the one in the article OR to actual Taxonomy table....

Please guys let me know

Regards,

Vikrant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Its upto you if you want to check at Subtable level means in data manager you want to see data in taxonomy mode under your table then:

Select Taxonomy table in Target structure.

or if you want to see the record at main table level then:

select main table in target structure and map all the taxonomy fields and attributes by separating them as explained in previous replies.

Just make sure while field mapping, map the taxonomy table entry in target with any Source field. Otherwise IM will not allow you to import the data.

Pls rewrds if found helpful.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

As u have said u have selected Class hierarchies on the source side now u want map them onto the destination side.

Select Master table and in that select Categories table and map the class hierarchies to fields such as Category name. If there are values present on the destination side then map them else select all the source values and Add them to the destination side.

Or the other way is select the Categories table in the Destination Selection list and map accordingly

Hope dis helps u

Regards Tejas..........