cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Z Table?

Former Member

Hi

Could anyone tell me what is Z Table? Why it will be created?. Who creates it (ABAP Developer or Functional Consultants?)?. Why someone has to access Z Table and how to access them?

Thanks

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

hello, friend.

in simple terms, an ABAP consultant creates a Ztable when the standard SAP tables do not satisfy your data requirements. the Ztable may also be created when the ABAPer creates new data fields which are not SAP standard.

regards.

Former Member
Former Member

Dear Raghu,

Could anyone tell me what is Z Table? Why it will be created?. Who creates it (ABAP Developer or Functional Consultants?)?.

Answer to this Query:

Any that starts with Z in SAP is customized as per the requirements and is not standard i.e. not developed by SAP. So when you say Z table the table which is customized and is not a standard table.

As table is in general dealt by ABAP Developer, so Z table will also be dealt by them.

In the similar manner when Z order has to be created it will be done by functional consultant as normally orders will be dealt by SD Functional consultant.

Why someone has to access Z Table and how to access them?

Well when the requirements are not fulfilled by the standard table then we have to go for customization as per the client's requirement and this leads to Z table. they are accessed in the similar manner as standard tables.

Do let me know in case of any queries.

Hope this helps you.

Do award points if you found them useful.

Regards,

Rakesh