cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, hopefully the experts will be able to give me some info regarding cad integration:

I am trying to inegrate SolidWorks with SAP, I am at a point where I try to save the EBOM to SAP, the interface tries to save to SAP but it generates an error(error while checking in...) as it tries to check-in the files into the content server as the files is still active/open in solidworks. What is the correct procedure to save the drawings to SAP through the cad inegration functionality? The SAP content server does not want to check-in files if it is still open in the application?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me know in which functionality you are haing problem, in saving Original file in SAP (Check-in SAP) or problem in creating and saving EBOM in SAP?

Please try these steps:

1) The recomended way of check-in file into SAP Content server is through CAD Desktop.

Goto CAD Desktop and check in the file using Check in Original.

If the Original file is not checked in SAP then the Problem is in File Check-in.

2) Create EBOM and save in SAP. If you are getting any problem. Then the Problem is with BOM Creation.

Thanks,

MRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Mark

do you know the exact working procedure for a cad interface and working with the cad desktop, for example, you have an assembly with parts and drawings in Solidworks and want to save everything to SAP creating the documents(DIRs) and materials and BOMS. Do you perhaps have any training material/guides that one can use to understand the whole tool better.

Regards

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have worked in AutoCAD(2D) integration and Pro/E(3D) Integration. I dont know about Solid works.

But the functionalities of all the integration softwares are mostly same.

1) To save the Assembly files and part files, you need to create two document types. Hope u have done all these configurations.

Once you are ready with all ur settings.

Goto CAD Desktop select the part file and create the document by selecting the proper Document type, then select the Assembly file and create the document by selecting the proper document type.

Then Check-in the file from CAD Desktop by selecting the appropriate content repository.

like that the Materials and BOMs can also be created directly from CAD Desktop.

functionality wise i can help you but not technical wise as im not aware of solid works.

Sorry i dont have any training materials for Solid works.

Regards,

MRK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol,

Please addres any questions on solidworks integration to sap,i would do my best.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This actually related to customer hotpack levels so we solved it in the end.

Answers (0)