cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal of document not possible in FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I cancelled a credit memo and tried to release the cancelled document to accounting I am getting the error

"Reversal of document 2500v1 701235085v2 2007v3 not possible in FI"

I have cancelled documents from prior period before and I never encountered this error. This is a different billing type that I am using and can you think of any reason why I am getting this error and steps to resolve it ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

try going to your billing type using VOFA and check if a cancellation billing type is assigned to it. if not, tell us and we will explore other reasons.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jonathan

Thanks for your reply. I checked the billing type config and there is cancellation billing type assigned to this doc type. I just spoke with our FI team regarding this message and this happened because the original accounting document which was created from the credit memo was valuated using foreign currency valuation.

There is a field in the accounting document that gets populated with the valuation difference (this is an intercompany document from canada). Once they manually change this field to zero, we will be able to reverse this document.

I have not done this yet, but will definetly let you know if it works.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, too, kishan. seems like i learned much more from this thread than i contributed to.

regards.