cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace Logical Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know why the replace logical component works properly for the SOLAR01 entires, but doesn't replace them on the SOLAR02 Configuration tab for IMG Objects?

regards,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just because I thought that this was an interesting issue, gave it a try and it worked fine for me but looking through what could have gone wrong - was your blueprint locked when you changed the Logical Component in the SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN for your project? Additionally, were there compatable objects in the target Logical Component that had the necessary software components, exactly comparable software components to the original Logical Component that you used initially?

The last question is because if you use objects from the BOR (Business Object Repository) they will require certain software components be present before they can be implemented. It might have caused a problem if they were moved to a system that was either registered incorretly to SMSY or otherwise manually entered incorrectly. If you are using the exacty systems, just in different logical components, that would help the discussion also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

thanks for going through all of that to verify it works the way it should.

It's is quite possible that the BPS is locked, I'll make sure that wasn't the case tomorrow and report back.

Because we used the BPR to create the BPS, we had three products, SAP R/3, SAP R/3 Enterprise and SAP ECC, with the various logical components. I replaced them all with a custom logical component for the SAP R/3 Enterprise product. Everything worked fine in SOLAR01 and the RFC's worked fine too.

thanks,

Jason

Answers (0)