Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item text from sales order to purchase requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have below queries ,

1. What are the controls to generate/create a purchase requisition from a sales order.

Is this possible that a Pur. req generated from a sales order but sales order is not its account assignment.

How item text from the sales order can be copied to purchase Requisition, does settings in purchase requisition in SPRO (Purchasing Purchase req-text for purchase req----define copying rules) works only for automatically created Pur req.??

item text from sales order can be copied for PR created through MRP or planned orders converted to PR.??

I will appreciate if someone can provide me documentation on basics of sales and distribution at my email

anandt77@lycos.com

Thanks in advance

anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i can only answer part of your question as i am not sure of the others. however, yes... you can automatically create a purchase requisition from the sales order.

one example is third party sales. because of the item category group that you specified in the material master, the sales document determines an item category (and schedule line) that controls the creation of the purchase requisition. here, the system knows that you must source the material from your vendor for delivery to your customer.

further, as in the above case, when your company creates the PO with reference to the PR, your company appears as the buying entity but the ship-to address is that of your customer.

i did not understand your question on account assignment. please elaborate and we'll see if we can come up with the answer.

if you wish to see documentation, you could refer to SAP's article on Third Party Sales. other scenarios such as just-in-time inventory for trading companies or make-to-order companies may also apply.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the valuable inputs,

Regarding account assignment my understanding is

on the account assignment tab page of purchase requision which created from sales order , sales order should appear.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

The main issue I am facing is copying of "purchase order text" (entered in the item details of the sales order) to be copied in purchase requisition.

is this possible the text from sales order can be copied where purchase requisition is created by converting the planned order.?

Thanks again

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

yes, you will see the sales order number, and the document item number and quantity as well.

i will research more about the text copying requirement. i tried entering sales text at both header and item level but i could not see these in the purchase requisition. off-hand (without investigating further), i will hypothesize that sales text appear in the sales related delivery, while purchasing text would be relevant only to purchasing related transactionsl

regards and thanks for your points consideration.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Badi has been helpful, points have been awarded accordingly

Former Member
0 Kudos

just example:

run VOV6 and check sch.linee cat. CS - you can see Pur.req NB in order type field