cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PORTAL CCMS configuration RFC error;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have registered CCMS agent via visual administrator. It registered successfully with rfc. but when I go to rz21>> to check the status of remote agent systems, my portal showing SHUTDOWN. Also, when I go to sm59 >> TCP/IP connection>> host.sapccmsr.instance#, when click connection test, it failed.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David Milliken,

I have looked into SMGW as you told me to. Under Java server, TP name is SAP.CCMS.J2EE.<SID>. This RFC connection is working fine even in sm59. There are two more RFC's generated along with this one. They are not working. Also, I have checked rz21> remote agent> my Java server is showing as SHUTDOWN.

Is there any other suggestion do you think better to check? I'm kinda New in JAVA side. I appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Afi,

I still think that you are having RFC issues with your connections based on your previous replies - so lets start back where we you see the issue and work forward from there - in RZ21 you state that the Java Server for the remote agent is showing shutdown - what is the destination on this agent (should be in the column destinations) and is this RFC working in SM59 when you test the connection?

Edited by: David Milliken on Jan 25, 2008 2:19 AM

Edited by: David Milliken on Jan 25, 2008 2:19 AM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I was testing the connection from sm59, It was failing. Now, for time being, I don't have that server. I have delted and have toinstall again sometime in future. I will post again if there is any problem I find in future. I really appreciate your help with most of my post replies.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Afi,

This looks like your Portal failed to properly register its TP in the gateway of the ABAP System. Since we are not making the connection between the ABAP Stack of the SAP System and your remote J2EE Engine (at least not with the right TP) you need to go back and check your configuration in the J2EE Engine and how it is attempting to register to the remote ABAP Stack. On that system also, check the 'work' directory for the dev_rfc.trc file and see if there are any errors stated in there or in the other J2EE logs.

Another quick check to see if you just have the wrong TP in your RFC Destination, goto the T-Code SMGW on your Solutiion Manager and select Goto->Logged on Clients. Here you can see all clients that are registered to your Solman Gateway. If you see your Portal entry in here with a different TP Name that is close, you can change your RFC Connection or J2EE connection properties to adjust. If there is nothing there - then you need to go back and start again with the above.

Let me know if you need any more information on these details I have mentioned above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David Milliken.

Under Technical Settings tab in sm59>> Activation Type "Registerd Server Program. when i click test connection,

I get many errors. like: program hostname.sapccmsr.instance# not registered.

Detail: TP hostname.sapccmsr.instance# not registered.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you show the contents of the information for the SM59 connection for host.sapccmsr.instance# - just what is on the main page tab 'Technical Settings' under the 'Activation Type' block.

Additionally - what is the response text when you run the - test RFC Connection?