cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indicator SLED_BBD in MARA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any info on the Indicator SLED_BBD "B" and "E" in MARA .WHat does it do .It is "B" for all the material types except for Packaging,Manuf.parts and for some Non-stock material types where it is blank.Thanks

Regards,

Naik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe it indicates internally assigned expiration date, (B) or externally assigned date.

I'm thinking that the B indicates expiration date information has been provided in the material master and the system requires an expiration to be calculated or provided. If expiration date information is not maintained, I think you'll see the "E". I.e. for externally provided. You can enter an expiration date if you choose, but the system won't calculate it for you or require you to put it in at the time of goods receipt.

The materials you mentioned as being blank are of material types that typically are not batch managed and hence no expiration dates are expected. (They can be if you want, but normally they are not).

You should be able to check a few materials and verify my thoughts.

Thanks,

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out that all the materials which has a Plant/Storage view 1 in the Material Master has indicator "B" in the table and Material which dosent have Plant/Storage view 1 has blank in the table MARA.So,i'm assuming that the system is trying to validate using this indicator i.e: to check if BBD needs to be varified during GR.But i'm still wondering what the inicator "E" is then in MARA.

Regards,

Naik

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you need to look at my suggestion again, maybe a bit deeper or maybe another related field in the expiration info.

The name of the field SLED_BBD indicates something to do with Shelf life. SLED is SAP speak for Shelf Life Expiration Date.

If your maintaing shelf life data, you should always have a Plant/storage view 1 because that is the screen the shelf-life information is kept on.

Craig