cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD (Logistcs) related

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Just had a interview, interesting questions were thrown at me by a client.

1) BATCH Determination ? how does this work ?

2) In the delivery where does the system get the required delivery date from, i.e something in config tells it ?

3) What is POD?

4) EDI related what is in the Partner Profile?

5) How is the plant determined in a delivery?

6) What is Batch determination condition record?

7) route determination what is it?

anyhow, i really require good documentation on the DELIVERY (logistics) side of SD, were can i get this information ? i.e key information for deliveries processing, what are the main elements in a delivery that might be required in a interview?

thanks all.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

poorna_yalamanchili
Participant
0 Kudos

1.Batch determination:

Normally we use batch determination at delivery level, because at the time of order material may or may not be created.for this material should be configured with batch and batch determination should be checked in sales views of material.

Batch Determination during order Creation :

For this you need to maintain a Classes d for you Material. Depending on the Manufacturing process you can define the characteristics for your material.

Ex: Purity for Medicines, Resistance for Electric Items.

You need to create a class (You might have to create a new class type) which incorporates the characteristic.

First Create the Characteristic Using Ct04 and then using Cl02 create the Class including this characteristic.

Then in your material master Classification View Enter this class.

Then Create a Batch for the particular plant and Stor Loc using MSC1N.Give the value of the characteristics in this batch.

Then go to SPRO ->Logistics General ->Batch Management and maintain the Condition Technique (Procedure, Strategy Types and assignment to sales docs etc).

Then Create the Batch Determination Record using VCH1.

2. the system gets the delivery date from the schedule lines

3.POD is the proof of delivery..its a paper document or an electronic document signed by the customer to make sure that the product is delivered to him.

4.Am not too sure on this question...but maybe if its about setting the EDI status of the partner profile then it should be :

Set up partner profile for inter-company customer.

Tools-Admin-Admin-Process technology- IDOC - Partner profile. Partner

number is customer number, partner type is 'KU' (customer). Partner status

must be 'A' (active). [WE20].

5.The plant is determined per order item either from the customer master record or from the material master record. However, you can also enter it manually for each order item. You will find detailed information on determining the delivering plant in the sales order in the R/3 SD online documentation on sales.

6.For the batch determination condition record config and other stuff related to batch determination see this :

7.Route determination..see this thread for a full length info on route determination :

hope this should be sufficient..

reward if helpful..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

IDear Saping,

I will suggest you to visit http://sap-img.com/sap-sd.htm. It will give you the overview of SAP SD module.

Moreover there is a separate section of FAQs with answers which will help you in great deal.

Do let me know in case of any queries.

Hope this helps you.

Do award points if you found them useful.

Regards,

Rakesh