cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard ESS DC changes not happening (NWDS,NWDI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I am facing really strange issue with my nwds and nwdi.

I am working on one of the standard ESS DC,I did some changes to this DC on Mon ,i checkout the code and created new activity and i can see my changes then i check in the acitivity,i have not yet released the acitivity ,i can see my acitivity in acitivation view.

now on tue once again i check out the same DCand doing one small change ,just hiding the button and label,but i wont see this change,where is wrong,something wrong in nwdi configration or some problem with my nwds

i am using nwds 7.0.13 and portal 7.0 sp 13 patch.

ur inputs will really help me to solve the issues.

thanks,

vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I guess there is no wrong in NWDI because NWDI is for version maintenance, consolidation and transportation. You have two activities one was checked in two is not yet checked in (Be sure the activity is created for this DC only). The changes done in two are not reflecting. I too faced similar problem with SP9 but I forgot the reason. Just do like this.

Go to Open activities view -> Select Activity two -> Right click revert Changes-> Delete activity

Close and Open the project

Now Create new activity and modify.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ram,

Yes you got my point now,

I did whatever you mentioned here,but still i am facing the same issue,we are on sp 13 ,

The first activity which i created is working fine,but the second one which i created its not working,even though i revert those changes and come back doing the same thing again,i am not getting.

i have not faced this issue in my previous projects,and one more thing i am directly doing deployment on devportal,which is not the right way for ess/mss projects,we should have either portal install on local or as a sandbox,but i dont have this option here .I wanted to know whether this is ok as of now,as we have only one req for this phase,RTS configured only to dev box,not to testing and prod box.

thanks,

vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shiva,

I Just tried to do some changes to other dc like us pdata and us addr,the changes which i have done i can able to see,but the same change which i am trying to do with ess/tra/tre travel and expense dc its not working,is there any problem with this particular DC.

Thanks,

Vinay

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

If this problem is with this DC only,check like this:

Print the visibility of this button using Messagemanager API.(Check at least this change works)

Did you try with Sync sources option?

Try with Reload option also.

Build DC: Select and right click on DC -> Select Development component -> Build -> uncheck the Check box only Build if necessary.

Check carefully whether there are any errors in Tasks view.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I tried all the posibilities which you said above,but still the same issue,

can you tell me can i delete the activity from CBS,because from my nwds i already checkedin the activity but i didnt released the activity.

i want to try this option,becuase i already created one activity for this DC,now i want my all changes to undone,so that i can see the standard DC ...

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check wether basis disabled the autodeployement option. Also look into note 793508.

Regards

Praveen

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Presently NWDI is not available for me to test. Try this option:

Go to Development Configurations Perspective.

Open Version Graph view

Browse to your project

Activate the version you want

Switch to Web Dynpro perspective

Select the project.

Synchronize the source with active version using Sync Sources option

I guess you will get your old code

Good Luck

Siva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187658
Participant
0 Kudos

You should actually check in and activate an activity before checking out again to make changes and see them on execution, and avoiding any version problems.

Thanks & regards,

Anupreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupreet,

I dont think so,because i checkin my acitivity,and i can see now in acitivation view,if i want to do some more changes then i will checkout once again ,then i will do changes ,then i will checkin again,we can mantian versions,that s what i used to do previous,once if all changes done,and when i see all my changes on dev portal,then i will release all my acitivities,

thanks,

vinay