Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removal of t-code authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to remove authorization for a single t-code from the list of about 500 users.

They have been authorized to this t-code via different roles.

Thanks in advance,

RAMA

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is simpel but a lot of work remove the t-code from every role!

Edited by: Auke Visser on Jan 22, 2008 4:40 PM

0 Kudos

>

> It is simpel but a lot of work remove the t-code from every role!

I assume that "simpel" has a completely different meaning to the generally accepted meaning of the English word "simple"?

I dont think it is possible to answer this question in a usefull manner without knowing the transaction code(s)...

In many cases, removing the transaction code from object S_TCODE (only) is useless (except for stupid end users).

Relying on the fact that all end users are stupid, can quickly become an occupational hazard for many transactions...

Depending on the transaction, my recommentation would be to look whether there is an object check upfront in the transaction's underlying coding or a common denominator object which is checked, regardless of how the user accesses the "transaction"... and then restrict those authorization object(s) or remove them entirely if you are sure that the access is not required for what ever reason.

Some transaction groups have a "base check" function from which you can form an opinion.

Kind regards,

Julius