cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Job for Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to set up background job for billing. I want this to happen once in a week and the selection criteria should be only for that week.

Eg: If i am setting the job today, then the selvetion critera should be as follows.

Billing Date From: 12/01/2008 to 18/01/2008. Then next week it should acutomatically change the date from 19/01/2008 to 26/01/2008.

Can I do it using VF04 of VF06?

Please reply step by step.

Regards,

Edited by: STUDENT on Jan 22, 2008 8:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SA38, execute the program SAPMV60S. Select the variant and go to menu Program -> Execute in background. Then in SM37 you can schedule the program on when to run.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do it in either of them. and you can define teh billing date automatically.I have atleast done in 4.6c, but now in ECC. Also forogt how to do it. However please discuss with development team, they should be able to help in defining these fields while creating the variant.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krishnan,

I found out how to make the variant. But the problem is the Job. The Job is not getting executed. I don't know why??. I would really aprcaite if you can advise me the step by step procedure to perfrom background job.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just as you did, first maintain the required criteria on the billing due llist( VF04) and save it as a variant.

Now give this variant name to a batch job which would run in the back ground on a weekly basis. Along with sap created jobs we manage them with a maestro program( a tool from IBM) which ensures that all these background jobs are running successfully or not. anyways please give more details as to whats the issue.

But here, you need to sit actually with the basis on having this scheduled properly.

regards

sadhu kishore