Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Scenario:

HTTPS --> XI --> RFC

Now this is a sync scenario. The issue is that the RFC returns either a Response or an Exception.

My sender interface has request, response and an exception message. The exception message I have put into the fault message box.

Now I have done all of the mappings and have gone to do the interface mapping but... I can only include a request and response message in my tabs for the mapping. There is no option for the fault message.

Could you please let me knwo how I should include the fault message mapping or let me know if there shouldn't be a mapping.

Can someone explain how fault messages should be handled in Sync Scenarios....

Please no blogs unless they are relevant for this specific question...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I stumbled on the solution... for some reason I needed to save the interface mapping... force a change and then save again and the fault message tab appeared. Thank you for your help

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally, if RFC throws at least one exception, then in interface mapping should appear tab "Fault".

Regards,

Jakub

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

If you want to use exception message you must would create a exception message (Fault Message Type) in your case. Like Jakub said.

If the project was RFC->XI->HTTP you could enforce Exception step in funtion module (ABAP) and use it in Message Interface.

Best Regards

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK... let me explain.

I have my sender message interface which is from the https client.

It contains Request, Response and FaultMessage.

I have my RFC Receiver interface.

It contains Request, Response and Exception.

No when I go to the interface mapping I dont see a Fault message tab.

Should this be the case? Or should I see a fault message tab

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you mentioned, it is asynchronous scenario. You only choose fault message type in inbound asynchronous message interface.

In interface mapping there is nether Response nor Fault tab.

There shouldn't be message mapping for Fault message too.

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

dude... i said it is a "sync" scenario...

sorry if you mis read...

could you let me know what should be done with a sync scenario...

or does the sender system just gat the fault message as sent out from the receiver system and no mapping happens in between?

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it comes to synchronous scenario and your RFM throws some exceptions, then you will have in interface mapping tab Fault and you might want to perform message mapping from RFC.Fault to your Exception Message.

Regards,

Jakub