SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical inventory posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello users,

My problem comes with the posting of the physical inventory for oil-based materials.

After creating a physical inventory document, when entering the inventory count, the difference is calculated based on the test conditions entered in the QCI (temperature, density and so on). This will result in the correct values for all units of measurements.

However, when this count is posted in a material document, I run into two problems:

- all the QCI conditions parameters are reseted to 0 and lost (in the material document), even though the calculations have been made correctly.

- the document contains the new value that I entered, but the calculated values, represent only the difference between initial stock and actual stock counted.

Could someone please explain what is going on?

LE: My first question, about the conversion conditions is more or less answered: it is that this parameters are not needed, so they are dropped and the conversion mode changed to automatic.

But the question about the values still remains....

Thank you,

Daniel Balta

Edited by: Daniel BALTA on Jan 23, 2008 11:27 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess for oil base material O4_tiger is used for physical inventory and program ZMDUINVA is used for book to physical for inventory reconcilation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Balta,

Regarding the material document that is generated on posting the count, it is posted to total up to the difference.

Regarding the quantities used in calculation, leading to the difference that is posted, the details are part of the physical inventory document, which mentions details of book stock as well as physical stock.

Would the information in the physical inventory document be sufficient to substantiate the requirement?

Regards,

K Gopidas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess for oil base material O4_tiger is used for physical inventory and program ZMDUINVA is used for book to physical for inventory reconcilation.