Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMWare NW Java Trial - licensing problem

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

A few days ago I finally got around to trying the "SAP NetWeaver 7.0 - Java Trial Version on Linux - VMware Edition" - a long-awaited, fantastic idea. Finally, no more spending a day per colleague installing Sneak Preview.

I downloaded the SUSE image from Novell and the RAR files from SDN, unpacked everything into the same folder in Windows XP, and then fired up VMware Server. After waiting for some time (30 minutes or so), eventually everything was working and I could connect with Visual Administrator from my XP laptop. So far, so good.

The problem is this: the instance provided in VMware has the SID "CTB" and is not licensed. As such, it will only run for 30 minutes at a time before shutting down - not much use. Going to http://www.sap.com/minisap would normally let me get hold of an evaluation license, but SID "CTB" is not mentioned there. I think that perhaps the wrong VM has been released - if the SID were "N4S" there would not be a problem getting a license...

Does anyone know how to get a license for the Java VMWare Edition? Are there any plans to release an updated VMware image with the ability to run for longer than 30 minutes?

Oddly, looking through the forums, I seem to be the only person to have actually tried running this thing.

Best regards,

Darren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Darren,

Just FYI, you should be able to request trial license for CTB from http://www.sap.com/minisap

David

darren_hague
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thankyou, David - that CTB option wasn't there last time I looked!

- Darren

0 Kudos

Guys, please help. Getting crazy.

Trying to license the CTB... If I go to the minisap license page (the ONE mentioned where-ever... www.sap.com/minisap) I only get 2 SID in the dropdown... oh men...

LNX and MBS which are elder 4.6..............................................

WHAT'S GOING ON?!?!?

Pleeeeeeeeease help.

Thanks,

Alex

(Sorry - Accidentally posted under the wrong S-user... It's Alessandro Guarneri speaking... S0001141343. FYI)

Answers (0)