cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer scheduling agreement - explosion of BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

At our company we have a lot of projects. We are in the process of selecting an appropriate way to handle these in SAP. We came to the conclusion that a scheduling agreement could do what we want.

Unfortunately we discovered a problem in our current configuration with respect to scheduling agreements and LUMF materials.

When we add a LUMF material to a standard SD document, the LUMF material explodes in all the necessary materials.

When we do the same in a scheduling agreement we get the error that the T 184 table does not contain a position type for ZLZM LUMF.

Would it be possible to configure this? Could you give us a clue on how to make this possible?

With kind regards,

Nanne Sluis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanne Sluis,

Hope u have missed out the item category determination for you Scheduling Aggrement document type, kindly check this in your configuration.

i.e. for the combination of ZLZM (Sales document type) and LUMF (Item Category group ) maintain the relevant Item Catogery in customizing.

Regards,

Sudarshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply. The problem is I do not have access to any configuration settings.

I am working on a business case to use these customer scheduling agreements. The problem is that people tell me explosions of BOM is not possible in customer scheduling agreements. If that were true, scheduling agreement would not be an option for us.

Although I have no in depth knowledge of SAP, I tend to doubt the statement that this would not be possible for customer scheduling agreements. We have it working for sales orders and quanity contracts and I don't really see the big difference with scheduling agreements...

Could you tell me if explosion of BOM (LUMF) material is possible to configure in standard SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanne,

Yes it is possible for the BOM to be exploded in the sales document the following setting has to be done.

If the item Category group in the materail master is “LUMF”, the item category of the BOM item is “TAP”. In the definition of which we need to take the value “A” Explodes single level BOM in the field structure scope.

Item category group is “LUMF” , bills components but not the main item. For this the following setting has to be done.

The item category of the main item is “TAP”, which is not relevant for pricing and item category of the components is “TAN”, which is relevant for pricing.

Sales Doc Type Item Category Usage Higher Level Item Item

Group Category Category

OR LUMF -

-

TAP

OR LUMF -

TAP TAN

Hope this will give u some light on BOM configuration.

Regards,

Sudarshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudarshan,

Thanks again for your reply. Just to be sure: This does also apply for customer scheduling agreements?

I have seen the TAP en TAN positions in other SD documents, in scheduling agreements we have different position types. I assume the same logic applies with different position types?

Regards,

Nanne

PS. I will reward points soon, I just need to be sure in order to have a strong case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanne,

The above said configuration works for Customer Scheduling Aggrement also.......

Regards,

Sudarshan

Answers (0)