cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Manager Out of Memory error

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

I am running MDM 5.5.24.06 server on Windows XP Professional. The server has 4.0 GB RAM with 1.5 GB Virtual memory.

I am trying to load 129 material master records from R/3 4.6 ( XML file size 8 MB), into MDM using Import Manager.

When I click on import icon (Import Status tab selected), MDM Import Manager rightway returns 'Out of Memory' error.

Tried to import the file again after rebooting the machine, restarting MDM Server, but still it returned the same error.

Has anybody tried loading the R/3 material data into MDM? What's the experience? What was the load (# of records)?

What was MDM IM performance? What's your hardware/software config?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Abhay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

we are currently uploading data from an access DB to

MDM 5.5.24.04.

With 1.5GB RAM on Windows XP on the client and an access DB with 27'000 material records (150MB) the upload takes us around 1.5h.

We didn't get the feeling that more RAM really improved the performance.

best regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhay,

In my experience, import manager have very low performance with XML files, but we were able to load until 60 MB files with workstation (but we weren't able to load previous 200 MB files).

You can eliminate an xml performance issue by transforming your xml into an excell or a flat file an try to import it.

For me the way you have to investigate is about the partitionning feature that is quite heavy. If you have any hierarchy to load and use partitioning, prefer the spliting feature. We've encountered 'out of memory' error in these case.

AndreasSeifried
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

please address such issues, which may be coding errors, to SAP Support. You should do this by creating a Customer Message on the SAP Service Marketplace http://service.sap.com/message

It would be very helpful to track down the problem if you describe the exact steps and sample data to reproduce the problem.

Thank you for helping us to improve the quality of our products !

Kind regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

Import Manager shows meaningful messages when things are not mapped accurately. However, on a couple of occassions I experienced this kind of out of memory error. Coincidentally, it worked either after reboot; in the other, it had got to do with field/value mapping for booleans. I could not however reproduce the error though.

I imported XMLs of 18MB into main and qualified tables. The total number of records loaded was 45K and it took me 35 minutes.

Hope it works

Savi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

My workstation has Windows 2000, Pentium 4 CPU 3.2 Ghz, 515,555 KB RAM. The recommended specifications can be found on service market place of SAP, and we used those to procure our workstations.

MDM server must be more pwerful than a workstation. Try running the import manager from the server machine itself. If it works there but not on your machine, it is memory of your workstation.

Sometimes, I think this error comes when import map some issues- fields not mapped accurately or remote key mapped wrong etc.

It is probably judicious to rpove the system memory as first step.

Good luck!

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

I am running MDM IM from the same machine where MDM Server is running.

MDM Server is running on Pentium 4 CPU 3.0 GHZ, 4.0 GB RAM.

If the fields not mapped accurately or remote key mapped wrongly, I expect import manager to throw somer sensible error before just giving up the task or the Import icon should not have been active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

Just FYI, Import Manager performance depends on the memory specifications of the work station from which you are operating Import manager - Not the server's specifications.

Rajani