cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Which of the following methode is more performance to maintain MDM data from distance :

1) Rich client (Data Manager)

2) Thin client (Portal)

3) Window Terminal Server (WTS)

Regards,

NL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi NL,

I'm sorry, I do not have insight into actual projects (as I'm a developer only), but here are my thoughts about your options. May you'll find them helpful?!

1) Rich client (Data Manager)

Data Manager means a local installation of the software on the PC. Depending on the amount of people working with MDM, you have to install the DM on each and every PC. This includes updates & maintenance as well.

2) Thin client (Portal)

The Portal allows you a central maintenance and installation. It guarantees web based access to your MDM data. Additionally you can configure the portal UI and iViews as you like it best (e.g. customer skins, and so on). The initial installation is more work compared to the DM installation, but later on you have to keep only one portal in sync with MDM.

3) Window Terminal Server (WTS)

We use WTS usually for remote access (mostly for support and maintenance). It is very helpful in this case as we can connect to the complete system. On the other hand I think it's a bit expensive and limits the amount of users that can logon to a server.

I think the main option is either 1) or 2), depending on the amount of users you'll have in your project.

BR Michael

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heii,

It is Ep (Thin Client). Because it is bvased on the Iviews and directly accessible to enduser. End user can directly perform the changes and edit the data If you you are considering MDM data from distance.

I think This is Enough. Might this help you.

Please reward if useful.

Rgds,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Base on my experience WTS gives you good performance than Data manager and Portal

But again in case if amount of data goes on increasing it really does not matter which option you are going for.

Regards,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi User NL,

Acoording to me its option : b. means EP (enterprise portal).

because you can use MDM iViews to access data manager and manage data from distance.

rewards if found helpful.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I would like to have your experiences based on the real project.

Thanks for your help in advance,

NL