cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice to Idoc Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I need to create a interface where a webservice call will be made to XI and XI will create an Idoc on SAP and sent back a response message. The interface is working fine where the webservice call is creating the Idoc but I am unable to get a response back for the Webservice call. Is there any way to do this, without using a BMP?

2. I have been looking for BLOG's or examples of Idoc to a Webservice, using the Receiver SOAP adapter and Webservice to Idoc, using the Sender SOAP adapter but haven't found any. Please let me know if you know of such documents.

Thanks

Rudi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

using IDoc u can't get the response. u can get only acknowledgement in case of idoc.And the rcvr SAP system will send the Idoc acknoledgement to XI system ,not to the sender system.

So in ur case i think u have to go for 2 diffrent scenario..

SOAP to IDoc

IDoc to SAP.

or u can do 1 thing.. using BPM u can send the acknowledgement from XI to sendersystem incase if u need to only route the acknowledgement to sender sys.

Regards

Biplab

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi!

Sending an IDoc into target SAP system is an asynchronous action. You can't get any response without some special development.

What type of response do you need? Is it some application data (maybe you could use BAPI call?) or just information about successful delivery?

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi !

IDOC is asynchronous, there is no response back apart from the ALE audit. I think your IDOC receiver adapter is just not returning nothing for the SOAP sender adapter to give you back. What kind of response from the IDOC are you expecting? what response do you need?

Regards,.

Matias

ps :please award points if helpful.