cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the performance to logon the sap from taiwan to shanghai is poor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

the customers in taiwan loggon the PORTAL integrated CRM and BW in shanghai with the INTERNET. The TAIWAN custom 's speed connected to INTERNET is 4M/4M and the SHANGHAI network speed connected to INTERNET is 4M/4M. The FTP speed including downloading data and uploading data is 350K/bps and 52k/bps from TAIWAN to SHANGHAI.

But the time to load the HTMLGUI in the PORTAL is about 3~5 minites,even 7 to 10 minites,the performance is very poor.

Why? who have the experiences about this and how to improve the performance?

THAKS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does sound like a long time for logon, but it can happen for many reasons. You can try the following:

Create an empty page and measure the logon time to check if it is a logon / content problem.

Use HTTPWatch to check if the resources are cached. The first logon should take some time but afterwards most resources should be cached and logon time will be dramatically reduced. Can you say how much time is for the first logon and how much for the next ones?

You can always use application acceleration solutions.

let us know what you find.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the HTML gui is slow anyway.

We have a few people using it on our network and the response times are poor on a 100mbit internal network.

The HTML pages for the gui front end are dynamically generated, where as the portal uses better technology to serve up the pages, explianing why the portal is much faster.

The transaction SMICM is used to tune the different parameters for the webgui, from version 6.40 onwords. This would be the first place to start.

Can't you give your users windows Gui access via a vpn network connecton rather than serving up the gui externally over the internet.

TBH this is a VERY poor method, especially if its unencrypted and your using a static html link for people, as anyone could find the link and attempt to hack into you system.

If you post the link anywhere it wouldn't be to difficult to find a back door into your production system......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Thaks for all reply.

The logon time is not the first logon and loadding the page ,in which thare are HTMLGUI to visit the CRM system by CRM ITS, is slow.But the PORTAL standard page is quick.

I tried to download the file from the PORTAL page with protocol HTTP by 1~10K,but with FTP by 300K,

WHY?

I ping the server from TAIWAN by 200ms and tracert the server by 75ms and 10 hops.

Can I change the PORTAL and CRM ITS paramneters to improve the performance?

If yes, what is the parameters?

THANKS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use HTTPWatch or some other tracing software to get a view of the requested resources, it may be a caching problem. You can find more info in one of my latest blog posts -> </people/yoni.mizrachi/blog>.

What you want to verify there is that indeed most files are retrieved from cache and there are no conditional requests which may slow you down.

Unfortunately, I'm still working on the post that discuss the server http cache (will be posted soon).

Regards,

Yoni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Test the ping time from Taiwan to Shangai. It is as important as the bandwidth.

Don't forget also that there is absolutely no quality of service on the internet.

So using the internet for a business important connection is at lieast risky...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the resources at portal server?

Regards,

Hari.