cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxonomy Import Urgent!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have the node names of the hierarchy to be displayed along with the node values in case of taxonomy tables?

For eg. There are three fields. Product Family, Group and line.

Product family has computer, product family has desktop and laptop. Line has desktops - DT01 and DT02 and laptops - LT01 and LT02.

Now what I want is the Data Manager should show the node names and values like for computer it should show product family, for desktop it should show product group and so on.

Can anyone help me out wid dis??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

If u would like the code to be displayed along with desc and so on, all these fields should be configured as "display fields" in the taxonomy table definition.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

The above given method by tejas is good if you dont have the hierarchy specified, but since in your example you stated that you have three fields on which your hierarchy will be based i.e Product Family, Group and line you can use the partition in order to achieve the hierarchy and import the records.

You can go in the partition field/value tab and in the source hierarchy select Product family field, then in the partition field/value tab you have two columns Available fields and partition by, since you have already selected Product family above you can now select Group in the Available fileds and double click it, it will be now available in the partion by coloumn.

Then after doing this you can check in the SOURCE HIERARCHY that the values will get partition accordingly.

i.e COMPUTER >> DESKTOP AND LAPTOP for all the records similarly you can continue now for LINE by selecting it in the available fields after GROUP.

Once you are done you can import it by mapping it in the Map field/value tab selecting the partition field in the source and adding it by ADD BRANCH AS CHILD in the destination side. You can then import it.

I hope this helps you ..........

Reward points if found helpful................

Prasad...................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Minaz,

Suppose you have values in Taxonomy field as

Computer,Desktop,D101

Computer,Desktop,D102

Computer,Desktop,D103

Computer,Laptop,L201

Computer,Laptop,L202

Then while importing the Taxonomy Field, split the field with a Delimiter in this case as , (Comma) .

After Spliiting the field you can map this field with the Categories or Heirarchy Field in the Master Table.

Select all the nodes and Add them to the destination side.

You can also link attributes to the newly created Taxonomy like for eg.

Desktop -->> D101 -->> Color -->> Black

Desktop -->> D102 -->> Color -->> Silver

Color will be an attribute and Black will be its Value

After doing all this whenever u choose Heirarchy it will show u Group of Item like Dektops or Laptops.

And if you choose Taxonomy it will point towards specific items like Dektops with Black color or laptop with Silver color.

Hope dis helps u

Regards Tejas.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if you have source data like:

computer;desktop;DT01

computer:desktop;DT02

computer;laptop;LT01

computer,laptop;Lt02

the source file is in delimited format, then you can split the source fields into hierarchy and map this to destination hierarchy. Like that you can import into taxonomy tables.

refer my article:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30aa1447-80a1-2a10-e483-a76087bc...

hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

The option for what you are asking can be done .

In Hierarchy mode you define the nodes by creating the node (but it should be in different structure).

When you go & see that particular record based on your selection you will be able to identify to which hierarchy it will belong.

Regards,