cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove DCs and SCc created with "scenario2" tutorial?

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SDN!

I need to remove DCs and SCs witch created by realizing a tutorial "scenario2+. Development with a track"

It's urgent, help me please

Regards, Lev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First apply the following note to delete all the DCs created under the SCs.

SAP Note 864515 : How To Delete a Development Component

Subsequently remove the SCs from the track.

Regards

Srinivasan T

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you for help, but there is too bad situation...

Unfortunatelly, I've started try to delete DCs before create this thread :'( and now I've got errors and going mad with it.

Accroding to note that you gave me I will be prompted to activate the activity automatically and must do so with the option "Activate even if build fails. But there no such options, activation fails with error "activity element is not mounted" and state of the files and folders become "remote" (according to legend)

What I shouldbe do??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the activation has failed, the problem could be solved only by creating subsequent new activities. Check the CBS log for error trace.

Delete the local files using 'Remove from client' option on the DC to be deleted. Now, apply the note again and before proceeding with the deletion steps, ensure that you meet all the pre-conditions/ prerequisites given therein.

Regards

Srinivasan T

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi...

I used "Remove from client" and some other operations... Finally:

-states of "_comp" folders are "Mounted"

-states of parent folders for "_comp" are "Not mounted, mount point is somewhere below this folder"

-states of DCs are "Synced as inactive source" and "Mofified locally"

-there are no projects for these DCs in NWDI

In CBS I found DC ("example.org/appl/tax/calc") which has in "used DCs" tab only standart DC "tc/bi/bp/javaLib" and noone from my DCs

In DTR I go to "inactive" -> DCs -> example.org/appl/tax/calc, right click on "_comp" folder, choose "delete subtree" and get in DTR concole this:

--- Problem summary: ---

11:26:23.079 CHECKIN (FAILED: Activity element is not mounted) calc (/Appl/example.org_APPLICATION/dev/inactive/DCs/example.org/appl/tax/calc/)

11:26:23.079 CHECKIN (FAILED: Activity contains not mounted elements.) Immediate hierarchical deletion (default_hierarchical_deletion_w_Appl_example_2e_org_APPLICATION_dev_inactive_u_babkin_ra_t_2008_01_24_06_26_20_GMT_d75aac18-b652-4673-9e16-a42c8a3e0b0d)

11:26:23.079 ==> Finished in 2s. 6 files succeeded. 11 folders succeeded. 1 folder failed.

State of "_comp" and subfolders become "Remote", state of "calc" (parent folder for "_comp") without changes.

In the activity list there is "Immediate hierarchy deletion" with only one folder which name contains "< INCONSISTENT >"

Sorry if I do something wrong...

Regards,

Lev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got the same problem. Any solution for this?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In order to delete the DC, I tried to follow the SAP note 864515 as well as the steps written by Lev above,

but in the end , am stuck at this error.."CHECKIN (FAILED: Activity element is not mounted)"

Dont know how to proceed further.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anything?

I'm facing the same issue here......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't try and delete from the _comp directory.

Rather select all the folders themselves one at a time under the _comp directory and delete those.

Please award points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Facing exactly the same problem. Any solutions to this ?

Pls help as bit urgent.

Many Thanks

Vikram

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I haven't solution for it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did the note work out for anyone?