cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Studio startup Error after installing MaxDB 7.7 on MS-Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

After installing MaxDB 7.7 the following error occurs when starting up Database Studio:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2008-01-22 11:39:00.636

!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.application (50). !STACK 0

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.application.ApplicationPlugin for bundle com.sap.sdb.tools.ui.application is invalid

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/sap/sdb/tools/ui/application/ApplicationPlugin (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

... 31 more

What could be the problem here?

Any help will be appreciated greatly.

Context info:

=========

A clean install: Old MaxDB 7.6 was first uninstalled.

2x Xeon 3.66 Ghz

3,75 GB memory

The install log indicates no problems other than the following:

WRN: cannot execute command: "C:/DOCUME1/ADMINI1/LOCALS~1/Temp/1/Max6.tmp\vcredist_x86.exe" /Q:a /c:"msiexec.exe /qn /i vcredist.msi": cannot create process, The system cannot find the file specified.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_kirmse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

The error message:

> Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/sap/sdb/tools/ui/application/ApplicationPlugin (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

usually indicates that a wrong Java Version was used to run Database Studio. Database Studio needs Java 1.5 to run.

Please check your Java installation and your JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to the Java 1.5 installation.

Cheers,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Daniel, I'll check yout suggestion.

I was running on Java 1.4 so it could be the solution.

Answers (0)