cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS JavaScript error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all Gurus,

Currently I’m doing an upgrade from EP6 to EP7 and I’m getting JavaScript errors practically in all ITS scenarios.

When I click on an ITS scenario area or to do an action, for example, select a line at Personal Data (PZ13) scenario, occurs a JavaScript error and doesn't do anything.

Error: Object expected (line 262)

With a DebugBar and ScriptControl plugins in IE, I was able to see that the error occurs when is called CloseAllMenus method at gui_tablecontrol.js

Does anyone knows why this is happening?

System info:

EP 7.0 SP13

ITS 6.20 Patch 26

Best Regards,

Takeo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Takeo,

Most general javascript issues can be resolved by republishing the services IAC, WEBGUI, and SYSTEM from transaction SE80.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

... and if that does not help, try regenerating your Portal style files.

Regards,

Jan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Takeo,

best way to find what is the error. Open your web service in Mozilla or Netscape web browser. In the menu bar open tools -

>then open error console. you can find the description of the Javascript error. and resolve accordingly in SE80 ans republish the service.

If the thread already solved, then also may be it is of some help for others using SDN for help.

Thanks

Ekta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all your answers, they were helpful to find answers to solve the problem.

The problem is that we edit the ITS templates header and this javascript (menu.js) depends on another that was removed by us.

That's why the javascript error occurs.

Problem solved!

Best regards,

Takeo