cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use EJB in Distributed Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have to use the EJB in a distributed environment. There will be a Application server at one system which will access the Application server at another system which will be running ejb. I am using SAP J2EE Engine as application server.

So I would be thankful if anybody could tell me what are the steps to implement EJB in such a distributed Environment.

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I applied that procedure in my ejb but i got the exception as follows

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.UnsatisfiedReferenceImpl@cb550b

Returned because an Exception occured in deserialization process: [java.lang.ClassCastException]

Former Member
0 Kudos

At what step does the error occur and could you post a stack trace of the exception (client and server side)?

Maybe some sample code would also be useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can implement your EJB as usual.

On the client side (i think this is also SAP J2EE, right?) you'll need the ejbclient.jar to have the interfaces of the EJBs available. In addition you need to feed the context factory with provider, username, password and context factory. etc.

An example can be found here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/9b/a420ff77d6854bac64d0c4f1599ed0/frameset.htm

The example above uses a Corba factory for connection. The EJB standard RMI IIOP factory is "com.sap.engine.services.jndi.CosNamingInitialContextFactoryImpl" I think.

Markus