cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicate Non-standard lookup data from R3 to MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Experts,

I am having a scenario like i want to replicate the reference data(Lookup table data) from R3 System to MDM System.

For that i can use the transaction "MDMGX" but in this we can replicate for standard lookup table data which has been shipped by SAP in R3 on the basis of object types like article, product, catalog etc....

I want to replicate the look up table data which is not standard one.

I just want to know that what all the possible ways so that I can customize the same and would be able to replicate the lookup table data from R3 to MDM.

Any help would be highly appriciated.

Thanks,

Saurabh..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved.

Thanks Michael.

Thanks to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Using MDMGX the lookup table data will be extracted in the format of idocs.There are other client extractor programs like MDM_CLNT_EXTR which extracts data directly in the format of XML, which can b directly taken by MDM or else in the earlier case there are idocs provided by MDM through standard Business content which helps to update these lookup table data in to MDM.

For eg. in case of Customer -Debmas

Material - Matmas etc which can be used to populate the structure.

Hope it Helps u.

please reward points if helpful.

Regards

Deepankar..

Edited by: Deepankar Pandit on Jan 22, 2008 4:10 PM

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepankar,

I'm sorry to correct you, but MDMGX does not send IDocs to MDM. MDMGX provides the customizing data in XML format. You can configure MDMGX either to send the XMLs directly to MDM's port folders via FTP or to download those files locally on your PC. MDMGX is only capable to extract customizing data for master data objects but not the object itsself.

The output of MDM_CLNT_EXTR depends on the system it is running in. R/3 (ERP) systems use IDocs for message distribution via the systems ALE layer. These can be DEMDM, CREMDM, MATMAS, and so on if you use the standard SAP content, or any other customer defined IDoc type. These IDocs have usually an XML format, but they are not really XML documents. The transformation from IDoc to XML usually happens on XI.

It' a bit different if you extract data from CRM or SRM systems. Those systems use an integrated Proxy implementation for message distribution. The messages sent to XI (or MDM) are already real XMLs.

Additionally pleas enote that MDM_CLNT_EXTR is intended to be used for the extraction of Master Data Objects and not the related customizing data!

BR Michael

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

"MDMGX" is fully customizeable, meaning that you can add additional tables to be extracted and sent to MDM. The steps to do are:

1.) Create your new Lookup table in MDM

2.) Create an Import Map and Import Port in MDM

3.) Add your new customizing table in MDMGX using your new port.

4.) Run MDMGX to extract teh values and push them into your port. If the map is correct and MDIS is running, the data will be imported automatically.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

Thanks for your quick reply.

As you have mentioned in your point no 3 as "Add your new customizing table in MDMGX using your new port., could you please tell me how to add new port which I have already defined in MDM into MDMGX transaction?

I think, we can use the option "Upload ports and check tables" to do the same but in the file option, what i need to mention? I mean to say which file we have to attach.

If there is any document related to this or the steps which are required for extracting customized lookup table data from R3 to MDM.

Kindly send it to me.

Thanks a lot,

Saurabh...

Edited by: Saurabh Kumar Sahu on Jan 22, 2008 2:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can either upload the file that has the port definitions or you can Maintain the Ports and Check tables from MDMGX transaction. If you have a couple of Ports that you want to add, you can use Maintain Ports and Checktables. Create a new entry for a port with the table in ECC that you want to extract. There are already sample ports available by default. Just take a look at how the existing ports are defined. you can create a new port for the table you want easily after that.

Regards

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

you can check the available documentation on [Service Market Place|https://service.sap.com/installmdm]. The document MDM 5.5 - Generic Extractor for Reference Data contains a detailed introduction and guide for MDMGX.

BR Michael