cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Tool Check in STMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have problem integrating a Dev system into the production's domain controller. There is an UAT system as well. But this system can be integrated without problem. I used the exact same method to integrate Dev.

But when trying to 'accept' this into the domain, SAP system prompts me a message saying that this Dev is already in TPPARAM file.

Regardless, I continued and the Dev is shown as activated and I distributed.

When I do view this system in stms and perform 'Check Transport Tool', there Transport Profile is shown as not the domain controller's ...\sapmnt\trans but the Dev's ...\sapmnt\trans. This resulted in check failure for certain parts of this check eg. tp call could not connect to database and profile version is wrong.

What's puzzling is that the transdir parameter in the domain controller is pointing correctly to its global transport directory and dbhost,dbnames etc of the 3 systems are correct. UAT system has no problem.

So, I just like to find out how does the Check Tool get the location of the Transport Directory or Transport profile despite the tpparam and TP_DOmain_xxx.pfl already specifying correctly eg. transdir =
<domaincontrollerhost>\sapmnt\trans\

I tried overridding using Dev's instance parameter transport_exe to force point it to use <domaincontrollerhost> but to no avail.

Please enlighten. Thank you.

Regards,

Mirella

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mirella,

Yes, you are right.

SAP says:

DIR_TRANS

Do not set this parameter explicitly, since the default value, which points to
$(SAPTRANSHOST)\sapmnt\trans\, is correct.

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Look in to instance profile (tr. RZ10).

Parameter DIR_TRANS.

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marcin,

Thanks! Am I right to say that by default, the DIR_TRANS is not & need not be set in instance/default/start profile explicitly as it is pointing to saptranshost?

Points awarded for your help.

Regards,

Mirella