cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling NON-SAP things through solman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody explain me whether SAP Service desk can support non SAP issues also for the purpose of tracking?.

If YES, kindly provide the documentation in this regard to my id suryakaanth@yahoo.com.

Thanks & Regards..........SK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eloborate your requirement !!!! ???

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is I m using non sap system. I need to get some help in my system.

Shall I approach service desk for this?

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all understand one thing, you cannot get positive respones if you don't give all the possible information that you have. You are not going to lose much of your time if you provide all information.

Your line just says, I want to use non sap systems. Does that mean that you are just going to use it for name sake???!!!

Are you going to have DB connection to your non SAP systems???? !!!

Are you using a 3rd party servicedesk like remedy??? !!!!

Eloborate.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Here, my client is using diffrent types of ERPs and are mapping into SAP through interfaces..! here my problem is whether it is possible for solman to manage the issues tht rise in Non-sap systems..!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Your line just says, I want to use non sap systems"

Actually, his question was simply if the Service Desk can support non SAP issues. Maybe it's just me but this is a pretty clear question and doesn't require any information about DB connections, 3rd party tools, or reading through thousands of pages of material.

Surya-

Like Jason said, yes you can manage non-SAP issues by using the service desk. Maintain your iBase according to his instruction. The related documentation and task is in the Solution Manager IMG. After you have added the non SAP areas (e.g. Non SAP issues, Password /Security Problems, etc) they will be available for selection when you create a ticket via NOTIF_CREATE.

You will want to check your organization's SAP licenses however. To use the Service Desk for other applications you'll have to have a CRM license. Or if they have a mySAP suite license they'll be ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suyra,

I am sure that you think that you are being quite clear - looks like all of us trying to help you out are at a bit of a loss for understanding what you need.

Specifically, what issues do you want Solution Manager to assist with?

If you want to watch error logs for issues, that is CCMS Agents. If you want to enter in a trouble ticket manually, that is Service Desk. If you need a place to do custom projects, you can use the Solution Manager Project Management. There are so many possibilities, you would have to read through thousands of pages of material to get an answer.

These solutions are quite extreme in each direction but overall, nobody knows what you are looking to have Solution Manager do. So if you could clarify what you are looking for - we can help to direct you to the necessary documentation. Automated response? Manual Response? Ticket Based or alert based? Tracking and reporting? What do you need?

Thanks and we will be looking for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

It's possible. Just go to IB52 and add the item you want to track. For instance, you could have an entry like:

Non-SAP Issues

- NSI 0000000000 000

Then add this to your Business Partners Identification tab

regards,

Jason