Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem Applying SPAM KB70009

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have installed Solution Manager 4.0 SR1

I have upgraded the Support Package to 23 ( from 20).

Now I wish to apply BASIS Patch 70009. When I am applying the same it is asking for CRT i.e. SAPKITL416. I added the same. This CRT asks for SAPKW70009. I included that also. When I check the queue, it is also asking for SAPKIPYJ79. I included that also & started the import.

It started normally but keeps running for more than 20 Hours &

it is still running.

Pls suggest what could be the problem & how to get rid of it. Shall I stop the transaction in between or wait for more time

Thanks

Jitendra Tayal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The delete occuring is interesting - have you checked the Db Log to make sure that nothing is going wrong there? I would assume this first if everything is hanging there.

Additionally check to see if the process is actually deleting something or if it is having some other problem - in SM50 - select the process and hit the refresh button while watching the 'delete' counters. If they are moving, then you are just stuck, if they are not, check the Db to see what it is trying to do and if there is some errors in the Db Log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you set your queue you'll have to continue like that until you fix it. Check the support pack and make sure it's not damaged (check bite sizes). Redownload the file and replace it. It could be corrupt.

Stop and restart this time keep it in the foreground if possible. Usually, the foreground will show you if there are any pop-ups.

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before you kill off the session - there are a number of ways to check in on what is occuring with your support packs. Check the process list on the server and look for a TP that is running. If this is consuming resources, then your process is still running. If it is not, then you probably have a stall somewhere. Check the system log (SM21) and the logs for the Support Packs from SPAM to see where things are. Additionally check the SLOG and ALOG in the /usr/sap/trans/logs to see what is going on. You might also want to check SM51 to see if there are any hanging processes that the TP may be waiting on.

I would also check to see if the Db has any table spaces maxed out and the server in general - it might be waiting for a table to extent or for a file system to free-up so it can write something.

Check on that and let us all know what you see and if any errors pop-up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear David,

Thanks for the response !

yes it is still running, it is teking resources as well. Whe I check SM50/SM66, it shows DELETE happening in D010INC Table all the time.

SLOG is showing "tp_getprots" started. ALOG is nothing relevant.

I had run it in foreground earlier but now I have started in Background.

What else shall I check ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It shoud not run that long. I would say it is stuck and you should restart it. Did you run it in the background? Logoff and log back in and kick it off again. Only do one at a time and see if you get a message when you start it.

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lee,

I have restarted the import & started in background now. Let us see what happenes.

Can I do one at a time at this stage when queue is already defined ?