cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Login Procedure what and how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Could someone please guide me as to how exactly is the Logon Procedure in SAP Systems?

As far as I know, the user logs in with authentication from UME using user id and password. In some cases , the Portal user id is different from Login Id, thus the reference system matches the Login User with the Sap UserId , and then the user gets access to the different SAP systems.

I am a beginner in the Login Module so even the smallest piece of information will be of great help.

If some one could give me the links for the basic authentication procedure that takes place in SAP and what role does LDAP play in the whole thing, it would be really great.

Thanks

Meghana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Meghana,

There are several mechanisms available for authenticating users on the SAP NetWeaver platform. In addition, if you have many systems in your system landscape, then a Single Sign-On environment is also desirable to reduce the number of passwords that users have to remember.

Please refer to the [User Authentication and Single Sign-On manual|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/e5/4344b6d24a05408ca4faa94554e851/frameset.htm] for in detail description.

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev

Technology Development Support (J2EE Engine)

SAP Labs, Palo Alto, Ca (USA)