cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insertSyncBo is not allowed in reset mode ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Do you have any idea what can cause this:

com.sap.ip.me.api.smartsync.ModificationNotAllowedException: insertSyncBo is not allowed in reset mode.

at com.sap.ip.me.smartsync.data.SyncBoDataFacadeImpl.insertSyncBo()

It is triggered in MAM, when trying to insert MAM005, the reset transaction probably is not finished ..?

Best Regards,

Lalo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

You are not able to create any SyncBos because the client is in reset mode. It will be in this state if you have triggered a data reset in the client and the middleware has not responded to the request yet. When the middleware responds your entire data will be flushed.

You can perform another sync for the response to arrive after that you will be able to create new SyncBos.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your prompt answer. However, till now I thought Reset is not causing any communication with the middleware to be performed?

Best Regards,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

whenever you press the reset button, this causes that the complete persistence is marked for reset. You are right, pressing the button as such does not immediately trigger a communication with the middleware, but from that moment on you can not do any changes on the client - you need to sync first!

Well, the logic behind is: whenever you say, the client reset is necessary, you say as well that the persistence has an error. Whatever the problem is. Any changes, new items, deletions you have done prior to the reset and that you have not synced are lost as well. So be careful with this button!

If you work with MAM on a PDA - a complete refresh of the dataset can take easily up to 30minutes - depending on the PDA model and data volume.

So if you sync one time, then watch MEREP_MON to check if all data is in O-Waiting and then sync again to really get the complete data set - this will help to fix the issue immediately.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (0)