cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Server Program cannot be registered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

after changed our Netweaver 7.0 AS to another server (only hardware. The OS, host name, ip address, sid, etc. are the same), one RFC server program cannot be registered in gateway like before.

I executed the command:

"rfcexec.exe -a<ProgramID> -g<Gateway-Hostname> -x<Gateway-Service>"

in the Dos-Command window. And the program was registered. But, when I closed the Dos-Command window, the registration was also canceled. The AS is running under the window server 2003.

What can I do, so that the registration can stay there?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Ying

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks!

The problem is settled.

In this case the server program has been running on a fax server. And the hardware of the AS has since changed. But the fax server was not be restarted. It seemed, that then the server could not registered itself on the AS. After restarting of the fax server, the registration is correct again.

Best regards,

Ying

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ying,

Can you close this question and mark it as answered in that case ?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Of course Siddhesh is right.

An RFC registered server program must be running if you want to be able to make RFC calls in it. It is not automatically started for each call contrary to the Activation type "Start on Application Server".

That is why, on windows, you usually install the RFC server as a windows service. In that way it can be running always even when no interactive session is started on the server.

Regards,

Olivier

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ying,

Check the SAP Note 63930 - Gateway registration of RFC server program

it clearly states that

the external RFC server program should not be terminated after logout of the starting user; use the operating system options for this (see saprouter start).

So when you close your DOS window the program terminates.

For obvious reasons the registration fails.

Ensure that the registered program is running at all times.

Regards,

Siddhesh