cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have storage type with fixed bin strategy that is capacity checked according to SUT quantity. We expect to fill up firstly this fixed bin in this storage type and put the remaining quantity to the next storage type which is in table T334T. But we have problem for the following situation with lt01:

Mat A has SUT PAL with quantity 50 PC in WM material master

Current stock in the fixed bin 20

We want to create a putaway TO for 40 PC

We expect SAP to put 30 PC to fixed bin and the remaining to the next storage type in T334T. But, it tries to put all quantity to a bin; does not split quantities and fill up fixed bin firstly.

Is there a way to achieve the strategy above?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that you have had the answer to your question. I am trying to get people to keep the forum tidy. If you have what you require could you award you points if you want to and mark your question as answered.

This helps everybody as there are at the moment 48 pages of open questions and if people do not close them the forum will grow and then people like me will not go through all of the pages as it takes too long and some people will not get answers to their questions.

Thank you

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zehra,

I am having the same problem. The Putaway strategy is set to "I" and I have Addn to stock set to "X".

When there is a putaway requirement, for instance

Storage type = RA1

WM2 tab SUT = 151

WM2 tab LE Quantity = 110

If the current quantity in SUT 151 is 50 and I have a requirement for a putaway of 70, I will get a TO which tries to put all 70 into the bin with 50. This exceeds the LE quantity of 110 by 10.

What should happen is since the entire required quantity of 70 cannot fit into the SUT 151 with 50 quanity, WM will put all 70 of quantity into a new bin. This is according to the WM definition of "addition to existing stock" putaway strategy.

My users instead must confirm the TO for putaway and then create a new TO for transfer of the 10 which exceed the capacity.

Please let me know if you have found a solution to this problem. Any info will help.

Thanks

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fixed bin you need to specify maximum bin quantity in the material master.

So, you can put 30 as the maximum bin quantity in the WM2 view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is max. quantity in material master. Actually my problem is: to fill up partial fixed bin firstly and put remaining quantity to a bin in the next storage type. For example: I defined max quantity 30 for material A, I have stock 10 PC for material A in the fixed bin. When I create TO for 40 PC, it doesnt't fillup the partial fixed bin since the remaining capacity is less than 40. Instead it tries to put whole quantity to another bin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Already a strategy is assigned to the fixed bin storage type i.e. "F". If it would have been "L" then the system would have taken the next empty bin.

So, you have to do this manually OR take the help of an abap person to search for an user exit to implement the logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you r replenishing a material, it looks the specified quantity in WM2 view, it will create a TR to the full quantity as a standard.

I hope if u want to replenish partial quantity, you need to define a new mvt. type with reference to existing one.

Hope it will help you.

Aktar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zehra

You may try this configuration and check

With t code OMM1 under assignments - Storage types make the search sequence for your WH - Storage type and sequence in which storage unit type to search by system.

Under same option for storage bin types make the sequence for WH - Storage Unit type and sequence in which storage bins to be search by system.

Now you can enter the Storage type in material master in WM view so that each time system will suggest the 1st storage type as mentioned in material master.

Now for Bin search strategy, put 'L' as putaway strategy. Whenever you make TO from material master it will pick the storage type to put and according to capacity check it will add to next bin.

Regards

Amol