cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a BPM making a SQL query to DB. Now I need to read some additional data via BAPI out of SAP R3.

At the end I like to map this 2 messages into 1 IDOC structure. I think this should be possible - but I like to know if I'm on the right way.

I made a parallel mode in BPM, one way I left empty the other one is like this: map my needful SQL Response fields to BAPI input structure.

Then I make a synchrony call to BAPI.

After the parallel mode I make a transformation with this 2 messages into IDOC structure.

Is this the right way? Thanks for any kind of help...

THX Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ur design sounds optimal. At the end you got to merge the two messages to a single IDOC. Look the following link, it talks exactly about Collecting and Bundling Messages - Multiple Interfaces

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your quick resonse... 1 question left (for me). Could I built any how relations between this 2 structures during mapping? For example I have a vendor number in message 1 and like to map the corresponding fields from message 2 where vendor number is the same?!

THX Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you could do all of your conditional message mapping using Multi-Mappings (merging multi messages into one

)

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can definitely do this.

You dont need a parallel mode for this. Instead you can follow these steps.

1. receive data from JDBC Source Message

2. Make a synch.call to R/3 BAPI

3. Transformation step for JDBC Source Message + R/3 BAPI Response to IDoc (in the message mapping, there are 3 tabs, Design, Test, Messages. Click on Messages add one more into Source messages).

4. Send IDoc to R/3.

regards

Shravan