cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can an outbound Enterprise service be triggered?

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project where we are evaluating whether to use Enterprise services or traditional Idoc/BAPI as integration API. ECC 6.0 and PI 7.1 will be used in the project.

We have browsed through the ES repository and have found services that seems to be suitable.

My question is: How can outbound Enterprise services be triggered? E.g after release of a production order it should be automatically sent to a production system (MES).

For this example we would like to use the ES 'Read production order' (tech name: ProductionOrderByIDQueryResponse_In)

It is a synchrounus ES using the Production order id as input parameter. Is it possible to use this service in this case? If so, how?

// Best regards Hans

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hans,

if i got ur question correct, u need t otrigger an idoc from ur R3. let it b PI 7.1 or 7.0, the process of triggering the idoc remains the same. Its only the name of interface that differs

so import ur idoc just as in 7.0 and u wud need ur background job or manullay sending ur idoc from we19.

thanks,

Vishal

0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

Thanks for your answer but you didn't understand my question completely.

I want to push the information in ES ProductionOrderByIDQueryResponse_In to another system after a production order have been released. I don't want to send an idoc.

The ES is synchrounous and expects a production order id as input parameter and the response is all information related to the production order. In a normal case a client would consume this ES by sending an order id. I'm trying to use the ES to push the data instead (which might not be the correct way).

I could think of using a BPM in PI to frequently call the backend system to retrieve the id of a released production order and then use this id to call the ES (in the backend system) from the BPM. When the response comes back to the BPM I could pass on the information on to the production system (MES).

This solution would work but I don't know if it is an appropriate way to use ES....

// Regards Hans