cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD for XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently trying to installed XI, and I have just finished installing Solution Manager so as to generate the key necessary for XI installation. I have a few questions which need your kind help:

1) I am running the XI installer now, and when prompted for Database ID, I entered the one which is the same as for my Solution Manager, then it comes to a screen where I have to either drop the database or install MDOS, what is this and what should I do? My Solution Manager and XI cannot share the same database?

2) Do I need to create a new local SLD for my XI, or should I just register my XI to an existing SLD (SLD of Solution Manager)? If I register my XI to the existing SLD, how can I find the values for the following 4 parameters:

a) SLD HTTP Host

b) SLD HTTP Port

c) SLD Gateway Host

d) SLD Gateway Instance Number

Thank you for your kind help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it MDOS or MCOD? If it is MCOD then it means "Multiple Components in One Database". As you are installing XI on Same database ID as SolMan you can choose this Option without droping the database.

-Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pinkle,

Thanks for your reply. It is MCOD, not MDOS, my mistake. So do you have some information about my 2nd question? My solution manager is installed merely for the generation of the installation key for XI, hence I will not be doing any configurations on the Solution Manager.

When I install the XI, should I create a new SLD or register to the existing SLD of the Solution Manager? How may I find the values for the 4 parameters?

Thank you for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Either way you can use SLD.

Check the config in tcode SLDAPICUST.

for example...

SLD hostname: is the hostname where SLD is installed. In your case it could be same as solman server name

SLD port: 5<J2EE instance no>00 (eg. 50000)

SLD gateway host: is the hostname where SLD is installed. In your case it could be same as solman server name

-Pinkle