cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC authorization error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to get an RFC connection configured between a legacy 4.7 R3 system and a Netweaver 7.0 based GTS system. Although I have configured the connection and am able to successfully do a connection test in sm59, the authorization check fails with error "Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)".

The idea is to enable end users to transfer data (material data) from the R3 system to the GTS system without having them to login into the GTS system each time they initiate the transfer. To have an workaround currently I made the rfcuser dialog (instead of communication) and the end users are logging in as "rfcuser" when they initiate the transfer.

The "rfcuser" in the GTS system has SAP_S_RFCACL authorization and I have experimented giving this user SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW, but encountered the same authorization error in the R3 system during authorization check. I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sapkid

If you have mixed upper/lowercase characters in your password, please check out sap note 1023437 - ABAP syst: Downwardly incompatible passwords (since NW2004s)

You will have to change the password to a "downward" compatible one, probably choose one only containing upper case characters.

Best regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Thanks for pointing this out. The Notes had the right information I was looking for.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is very useful information give. I have also solved the problem after reading the given note & Role name.

Answers (0)