cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing sapmsg.ini when configuring CCMSPING availability monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone has any issues configuring Availability Monitoring with CCMSPING under RZ21 ?

Under the option, Technical Infrastrucure -> Availability Monitoring -> Configure CCMSPING Monitoring

Monitoring -> Create System

There is an option to import the SAPMSG.INI file

I have sapgui 7.1 loaded on this desktop

For some reason, the file SAPMSG.INI is not available.

I even tried defining a Group Logon on SAPLogon, SAPMSG is still not available.

Then we tried defining the system manually - all we got was a message, "system not found"

Has anyone tried doing CCMSPING Availability Monitoring on Netweaver 7.0 (Solution Manager 4.0) ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAPMSG.ini is created by your SAPGUI. check it in your Windows directory, there should be one if you are connecting to any SAP server using the message server.

Check this link for configuring availability monitoring:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/38/9e100dd7980fffe10000009b3810a5/frameset.htm

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the answer.

SAPMSG.INI does not exist.

Under SAPLOGON --> Options,

SAPMSG.INI is listed as C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\

However, SAPMSG.INI is not available

When I double-click on SAPLOGON.INI under Options - it opens up SAPLOGON.INI, however when you double-click on the SAPMSG.INI file - nothing happened.

I guess I will have to reinstall SAPGui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, theoretically it's suppose to be there.

However, this is real odd, I don't see SAPMSG.INI anywhere, even did a full search.

I am thinking SAPGUI 7.1 does not use SAPMSG.INI ?

Also tried adding it manually and ....it says no instance on available.

But, the instance is up and running and I can logon to it via SAPLOGON to the message server and the app. server (even configured load balancing via SMLG)

Thanks anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you should find the sapmsg.ini file used by SAPlogon in the options of SAPlogon itself (upper left corner: Options): in the section 'Configuration Files' the path to the files is displayed.

Regards, Michael

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also,

Check this link for manually adding entries to the servers being monitored:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/38/9e0fe5d7980fffe10000009b3810a5/frameset.htm

Regards,

Siddhesh