cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit button does nothing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDN Community,

I have developed ActiveX Interactive forms in 2004S. In the form I have a submit button. Usually, when I click the submit button the form gets submitted and post the data into SAP. Since today morning, once I click on the Submit Button(WebDynpro ActiveX Submit) nothing happens. It doesn't submit the data to SAP. I have written a messagebox satement above and below

app.eval("event.target.SAPSubmit();");

and they would get printed. Can you please advice me whats going wrong here and how I can fix this guy.

Thanks!

Surya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Can you please try with the Submit Button (WebDynpro Native) and let me know the result?

If this also will not work, i will tell you the alternate solution.

Please tell me the functionality you want to develope using submit. Are going to save the data to R/3 or anything else.

Cheers

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya,

My Adobe form is not a ZCI(native) form but an ActiveX form. Hence I think I can't use native.

>Please tell me the functionality you want to develope using submit. Are going to save the data to R/3 or anything else.

This is well taken care. One the submit button gets submits properly, the desired task is executed properly. Only issue is some times the submit button doesn't submit and just does nothing. If I put a message box statement one above and below the submit statement they get executed.

Please advice.

Edited by: V. Surya on Jan 22, 2008 9:13 AM

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

You can use (WebDynpro native) Submit button with ActivX form.

Just try once and let me know if it is working or not.

Otherwise I will tell you the alternative solution.

Cheers

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya,

When I say that my form type is ActiveX and create a native Webdynpro Submit button. It never submits the data. At the same time the ActiveX submit button is submitting data some times.

Thanks!

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

You can check out the following threads :

1.) https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/profile?editmode=true&userid=3562337

2.) https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/profile?editmode=true&userid=3562337

and lower half of the thread :

3.)

Hope this helps.

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Can you try the following and let me know the result ?

1. Remove the submit button from the interactive form.

2. Associate the submit button in the View.

3. Create the submit action

4. Now Open the Properties of InteractiveForm and you can see onAction events. There you can associate the Submit Action which you have designed to the OnAction event of Adobe Interative form.

Please refer to the below thread for detail solution

Cheers

Satya

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved my self by recreating the form from the beginning.

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Nice to know that problem is resolved. I was also trying form my end and could not find out the solution.

Can you please let me know what could be the possible problem with your earlier form.

Cheers

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya,

I tried playing with the old form a lot but the problem was not resolved. Later, I abondended the old form and built a new form. What I am suspecting is that it could be a problem with the javascript that I had on my submit button but I am not sure about what caused the problem.

Thanks!

Surya.

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the interactive form...

you have this "Submit to SAP" button...

use this button on your form.

GOTO

the WebDynpro View->Layout in which you have the initeractive form.

GOTO

interactive form UI element ->properties ->event

here you can create an action and attach to the onSubmit event...

when you will press the "Submit to SAP" button on the form, this action will be called...

i hope this helps...

regards,

-Ag.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Have u used a normal Submit button??? the normal submit button does not work in Online forms.

try using the "Submit to SAP" button in the Library tab.

After adding the button create an event in the "properties" of the Interactive Form UI Element.

Hope this works.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Poojith,

I have used the "Submit" button from the WebDynpro ActiveX tab of Library. I have not seen "Submit to SAP" field in Standard Tab of Library or WbeDynpro ActiveX tab or WebDynpro Native tab. Can you please advice from which tab should I pick it up.

Thanks!

Surya.

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Have you tried with the steps suggested by me? First I want to know whether in this case also you are facing the same problem or not.

Please let me know after you test the functionality with the Submit button on the view.

then I can tell you why you are facing problem with the Submit button on the form.

Cheers

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya,

I do have a some validations on my submit button which is present in the Interactive form.

var iVar = 0;

if(this.parent.InvoiceNo.rawValue == null) {

xfa.host.messageBox("Please enter the Inovice Number ");

iVar = 1;

this.parent.InvoiceNo.fillColor="255,0,0";

xfa.host.setFocus("this.parent.InvoiceNo");

}

if(iVar == 0) {

app.eval("event.target.SAPSubmit();");

}

If I create the submit button in the view(outside the interactive form), how can I do these javascript validations ? Can you please advice me.

Thanks!

Surya.

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

The solution which i have suggested is not the final. Just want to know whether you are facing the same problem with the Submit button on the view or not.

Please do not consider about the java script validation for now. Once we are confirm that it is woring fine with the Submit button on the view.. I will tell you the final solution.

I may ask you to send me your PDF file.

But for now just try with the Submit button on the view.

What is the version of Adobe Reader, you are using?

Cheers

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satya,

If I move the submit button into the view, it works fine. I am using the Adobe reader 8.1.1. Please advice me how I can do my validations if I move the submit button into the View

Thanks!

Surya

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please let me know whether you are using WebDynpro Java or WebDynpro ABAP application. Also please send me the form in the below address.

p_satya123@yahoo.com.

can you please let me now which Active Control Framework you have installed on your machine?

If you try in some other machine.. Are still facing the same problem or only on your desktop you are facing this issue. If you have not tried please let me know the behaviour after testing in any other machine.

Cheers

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you attach a Submit action to the SUBMIT field of the webdynpro element?