Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Report or Job that will Automatically Close the System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Good Day.

I am looking for a standard report that can be used to set up a job that will automatically close the system from modifications (in SE03 and or Scc4).

I have tried using report RSWBO004 but it has no selection screen.

Thanks a lot,

coed_ece.sapbasis

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know of any standard way to automatically close the system / client(s)... but that is not to say that there is not such a thing in there somewhere.

An alternate option might be to schedule RSTBHIST each day with a variant to look for "opening" which is not followed by a "closing" of the various "normal" settings, and a current setting which differs from the last change record "new" status.

It won't close the client for you using the standard report, but you can get it to make a lot of noise...

Regards,

Julius

0 Kudos

Can you provide me on how to setup the variable and values?

0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

I have not tried with this exact report (RSTBHIST), but once you have set your selection criteria, save them as a variant. You can then "doctor" them afterwards to make fields variables (see tcode VARCH).

Some possible obsticles would be the popup which sometimes appears afterwards asking about including archived records and the radio button for the table vs. customizing object.

Of course, to raise an alert you would need to write a program of your own to evaluate the results (any change records found?) which submits the report via your variant and returns the results to your program to be compared with the current values of T000 (in a work area of the program of type T000) to give it some life and logic.

Thinking about it now, perhaps a better suggestion would be to look in the CCMS (tcode is RZ20 I believe) as there might be standard alerts avaialble for this? If that works, then I would recommend using that rather than "inventions" from a "hobby ABAPer" (that's me).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

PS: The correct report to create a variant for is RSVTPROT, not RSTBHIST.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you could do that using the tool tp with parameter lock_eu which is described [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/3d/ad5c104ebc11d182bf0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm].

but is it really necessary?