cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign trade error Urgent!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Canceled Invoice that we are trying to post to accounting but it's not posting to accounting it's giving this error msg......

_Foreign trade data incomplete?_ i cannot make the changes in the...mode of transport and Domestic mode transport since this fields are grayed out?

What should i do for the invoice to post? where can i enter the missing data? since we can only make this changes in an invoice... text, Acct Assignt grp, Pricing cond, and output type.

And is there anyway we can delete a canceled invoice document? and whats the procedure for it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ann,

I have a very similar problem. the only difference may be that the delivery in my invoice has been deleted already, therefore the reference document can no longer be found. check in the foreign trade header (organization sub-tab) if the reference document is missing its entry. if this is missing, then the problem lies in the EIKP table not being updated for the foreign trade. the invoices get its information for foreign trade from the deliveries so in my case, since the delivery was already deleted, there is no way we can update this. it has become a nuisance data, yes.

however, if your delivery is still existing, then please read this OSS note :

908748. It may be of some help to you. The contents are pasted here.

Symptom

A cancellation document cannot be transferred to accounting because the system has issued error message VF 072:

'Document 90001234 has been saved (foreign trade data incomplete)'.

However, the underlying business process concerns domestic business and the invoice to be cancelled does not contain any foreign trade data.

Other terms

VF02, VF11, VF072, cancellation, EXNUM, incompleteness, export data

Reason and Prerequisites

Prerequisites:

This is a partial cancellation document.

When you create the cancellation document, you inadvertently branch to the foreign trade data and choose 'Set'.

Reason:

When you choose 'Set' in the foreign trade data, the system assigns an export number, which then results in an incomplete document because the other export data is missing.

Solution

Implement the attached correction.

There is no provision to take account of a cancellation scenario in which foreign trade data can be entered or changed.

This correction deactivates the ready for input status of the 'Set' button in order to prevent the system from inadvertently assigning an export number.

In this context, refer also to Note 354222.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you will have to re-issue the invoice again, but first .....The error may be caused by a) Material Master - Foreign Trade - Commodity Code, and Country Of Origin. You have to fix this first

Former Member
0 Kudos

O.k i'll check the Material Master.

But when you talk about re-issuing the invoice again? do u mean the cancelled invoice or the original invoice that's been posted to Accounting? Since the original Invoice has posted to accounting with no problem, its the Cancelled Invoices that's not posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also i checked the Material Master and the Commodity and Country of origin fileds have been grayed out no data needs to be entered here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once the cancel invoice(S1) is created then you cannot cancel or reverse it.If error msg says foreign data is missing then you need to complete the data in document it self.

The proceess you follow is to go to the header of the document select trade/customs in this tab you find Incompletion tab select the tab it pops up the missing data fill the entries and check Similarly for te item data.

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can only make this changes in an invoice doc...... text, Acct Assignt grp, Pricing cond, and output type.

on the Trade/customs at the header level this feilds are grayed out. we can not make changes on this tabs.

How else can i fix the problem.

Thank you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is they need to enter a 3 on the Mode of transprt border field and on the Domestmode of transport but these two fileds have been grayed out and we can not enter any data here? where else can we fix this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever any accounting document is not generated there are few fields will not get grayed.Have you selected the incompletion log in foreign tab.Please select and find out the fields which needs to be filled

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to maintain FT incompleletion data and assign that to the country. That should take care of your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is FT- foreign trade? and how do i maintain it? please walk me thro' the steps.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you goto your first invoice (which you want to cancel) and check the log?

just run VF02 and hit F8 - what is there?

then goto foreign trade data and tell the status - is that red?

if red - hit Ctrl+F1 (Analysis-Incompletion)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is with the cancelled invoice doc. (Not with the Original invoice itself, we were able to post the original invoice).... ..the cancelled invoice is the one not posting to accting due to foreign trade data incomplete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please do this analysis for your cancelled invoice (follow steps in my previous message)