Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily deployment run and customer priorities

johannes_beck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to check demands agains physical available stocks in deployment (heuristic) only, so we want to run it daily to have the most actual figures for execution. The plan is to automatically create Purchase Orders.

Has anyone experience with daily runs (performance, ...)?

And in the case I it is possible to incorporate customer priorities (using descriptive characteristics), so that the most important stock transfers are confirmed first?

Kind regards, Johannes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are running deployment on a very frequent basis without any performance issues.

I am not sure if you can use descriptive characteristics with deployment. There are user exit options and other options that can look at location priority for doing deployment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think their are performance issues with Deployment, but it also depends on your data size and at the time frame which you are looking to complete your deployment run. In case you are facing any problems regarding performance you can always use parallel processing to improve the performance.

In case of Deployment it does not honour priority or Descriptive charachteristics (only CTM honours Descriptive characteristics),

Deployment uses logic depending on the kind of deployment you run i.e. based on last SNP run or Real Time deployment

To solve this problem what you can do is run deployment in stages, you can select source or destination location depending on you logic for prioritization in the Background job profile for Deployment, also run the deployment in Reduce mode.

Now depending on your prioritization logic you can create variants and schedule the job in sequence.

Thanks,

Sanjog

Answers (0)