Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumption of FC with replenishment demand

johannes_beck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any possibility to consum a forecast not just with customer sales orders, but also with replenishment demands (and later stock transfer orders).

The reason behind that is that the customer wants to forecast the local quantities locally and as well in the regional sum. So we transfer the "same forecast" to the LDCs and RDCs. Customer is not willing to provide a separate FC for customer sales ex RDC, but just for total regional sales incl. the intercompany replenishments to LDC.

So before developing calculations in DP (reducing the regional figures with the local figures considering transportation times etc.) we think about simply transfering the "double quantity" to SNP and consume the regional FC with the replenishment demands from the LDC. But I have never heard of it.

Hope that anyone has an answer if it is possible or if there is another elegant solution to the problem.

Kind regards, Johannes!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In IMG, under DP --> basic settings --> consumption -> specify requirements strategy, you can actually specify the category group for consumption of forecasts. In IMG, under SNP -> Basic settings --> Maintain Category groups --> ensure that the category group has the order category for stock transport demands

johannes_beck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the answer. But one more question.

I only want that consumption of FC with replenishment orders for one location (my RDC). For all the other location I want to keep normal consumption with sales orders only.

Can I set this location wise? Because all locations will be included in one global CTM run.

Thanks, Johannes

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Absolutely possible, but then little more configuration. Define a custom strategy, Z1(at the same place as mentioned in earlier note), as an example that has this unique configuration that you want. And assign it to the location product in question.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

johannes_beck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards, Johannes