cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Binding raises Null Pointer Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on the Ramp up version of the Developer Studio.

I am trying to Import a RFc Model and bind it to the view using the controller.

When i create a binding between the view and controller to map the context and execute the application i get a null pointer exception as follows.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.AttributeInfo.initReferenceAttribute(AttributeInfo.java:518)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.initStructureType(NodeInfo.java:803)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:747)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:751)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeInfo.init(NodeInfo.java:751)

If i dont do a dynamic binding ,i am able to transact with SAP using JCO and doing manual binding. So the RFC works fine.

And this problem is only with some RFC's that i am using and other RFC's(Custom and Standard) all work fine with Dynamic binding.

I presume it has something to do with some ABAP datatype present in the structure which is not mapping properly with the default datatypes in the developer Studio but i am not sure which data type.

I think it could be because of using the 'QUAN' ABAP datatype which causes this to happen.

Has anyone faced this problem and has a solution.

Thanks,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more piece of information.

This error occurs when i use the 'QUAN' datatype as part of some structure and use the structure in the Tables Parameter.

Having the 'QUAN' datatype as a direct parameteter in the import/Export structure does not cause any problems.

Could this be because we manitain a Referance Table and Referance Feild for 'QUAN' datatypes?

Regards,

Balaji