cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have table in one Local development project and one view in another local development projects so that I can use one project view in another project through Used DC concept . But theproblem is that on clicking one row of table ,I want to open that other screens.

In which property of table I can bind so that I can open the another screen.

Regards

Manish

Edited by: Armin Reichert on Jan 21, 2008 4:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridhar_k2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manish,

You can write the code in the onLeadSelect of the Table.

onLeadSelect - method will get invoked if you select a row from the table.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sridhar,

May you elaborate this scenario so that I can understand the whole procedure easily.

Thanks & regards

Manish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could try several things, e.g. add a method to the componentn interface that fires a navigation plug, or you could set context data and make the other component react to that data.

I would try eventing however.

Create an event, fire this event when a row is clicked.

In the other component you can create an event handler that reacts to this event, and fires the required navigational plug.

Good luck, Roelof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roelof,

May you also elaborate how to fire navigation plug through interface controller means how can I reach to another screens?or some other methods.

Thanks & Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

In component A you have the table

In component B you have the view that needs to be shown.

In component A you make these changes:

create an action in the view, make it the onleadselect action in the table.

create an event in the interface of component A.

add component interface to the list of required controllers of the view.

in the onaction method in view, call the wdfireevent method

In component B you must create an event handler that reacts to the event declared in A.

You can do this in any view. From this view, wdFirePlug can be called, depending on the event handler logic and or parameters that can optionally be used in case of eventing.

Good luck, Roelof

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manish,

1st open the diagram View ( by right clicking the Window element) and create inbound and outbound plugs and link them.

Then create the action for on lead select property of the table.

and while creating action you may find the option for including fireplug.

if you have already created the action then in that case you have to just write the following code:

wdThis.wdFirePlug<name of the outbound plug> ( nameof the plug will come automatically)

e.g of you have created the outbound plug as :

ToSecondView.

Then the code will be: wdThis.wdFirePlugToSecondView.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Namrta Mahajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even better would be this:

Create a method in the view interface of component B that fires the navigation plug you want.

Implement that method.

In component A you can add a ViewContainer that contains an instance of component B.

When you add the used component (B) view controller to the used components of the view of component A, the view interface including the method for navigation is available and can be called in the onAction method that is linked to the table row select event.

Good luck, Roelof