cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCC error :java.lang.Exception: Column value ' ' too long

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using FCC on receiving File adapter...

While executing i am getting this error in CC monitor

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Exception in XML Parser (format problem?):'java.lang.Exception: Message processing failed in XML parser: 'java.lang.Exception: Column value ' ' too long (>1 for 2. column) - must stop',

i searched in SDN but no luck till now..

Plz help me out..

Thanx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran ,

Try this out , probably this will help

a) Check the target payload after mapping and make sure all the fields are generated. In case any field is not created the FCC for fixed length files will fail.

b) Check the value being generated at the mentioned column value. verify if its length matches the length of the field in that position.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

thanx for ur help....

I tried with filedFixedLengthTooShortHandling....it is showing success in CC monitoring,but in target file at the end of file some junk data is coming...wat could be the reason...

and if i go without too short handling it is not giving any junk data......but some of the data for last filed names is missing....

and in MONI i checked all and the filed lenghts i mentioned in FCC parameters matches with SXMB_MOni target filed lengths....

wat could be the reason for junk data?

i have already awared points for helpful answers...

Thanx ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using an XSLT map, and don't enclose the coding properly, the extra trailing junk characters can happen.

I came across this issue today (did not have </xsl:if> closing tag pressed up against my mapped value).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many of XI experties have already added valuable clarification about this problem, I will just add some more details extending to it.

The problem is with the FCC parameter fixedFiledLengths. Here the field lengths are not matched with the structure lengths.

If the parameter with fixedFieldLengths is right then,

Also make sure that you are passing the space as constant values for the mapping fields, which are coming as blank.

for e.g field A is mapped with B, A -

> B

Here suppose if you are not sending any value to B, then you should send a default value as blank space (you can use mapWithDefault node also).

A ---> {mapWithDefault [] } ---> B

For all fields you need apply it in message mapping.

here if the value is not available in A to paas it to B, then this field get supressed, so instead of it you need to pass blank.

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Jan 22, 2008 6:43 AM

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kiran,

In reciver file adapter you mentioned one of the field length as '1'.

I mean FCC parameters.

After completion of your message mapping, file adapter expects a field length as '1'.

but the field which is reaching the reciver file adapter is more than '1'(in length).

clerly throwing an exception as 2.column(check in xml meassge).

for time being u want to avoid that

we can go for field fixedlengths too short handling.

award the points, if it really help you;).

Regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as seen in the message, your 2nd column has error.. it shoud has only 1 character, but has somewhere more...

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This seems like an error caused by mismatch in Content Conversion paramaters definition and actual data being passed.

Please check the configuration of receiver channel once more against the incoming data after mapping, which you should be able to get from sxmb_moni. This should help.

Thanks,

Bhavish

Reward points if comments helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check ur FCC parameters,

File content conversion sites

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Phani.

Reward points if Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

you have configured receiver file adapter, but the incoming message doesn't match its configuration. One column has more characters, than it shoud have.

check your message and CC settings

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi peter thanx fo rreply...

I checked in sxmb_moni the incoming fileds and fields after mapping i.e in response mapping the target fields are properly filled....but in CC monitoring i am getting this error...

i checked the FCC parametrs too...but no luck...

i really appreciate if u could trace to exact error....my guess is that: (>1 for 2. column) - must stop this part has some significance to trace it ....but no did not got any clue...

Plz help me out....

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran, important information:

just displaying message in SXMB MONI is not enough, because it "cuts" multiple spaces.. let's say, you have 4 spaces next to each other and they will be seenn only as a 1!!!

do following, display the message in SXMB_MONI, right click, option View Source. Check the spaces here.. I'm sure there will be more

Or, you can test it in the mapping tool - check the result of mapping there.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must be kidding me If I solved your problem (which I very possibly did), where are my points? )

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kiran,

this error occurs when you are getting the value length greater than the length you specified in your fcc.I think you 2nd FCC length is 1 and you are getting value length >1,so its throwing that error.

you can handle this by using this parameter in your fcc.

fixedLengthTooShortHandling

check this url from sap help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Sri