cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring SPC rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Please let me know how do we monitor SPC rules ,suppose query goes beyond deviations,Upper/Lower Control limits system should through alert message.

Thanks

Veeresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer to the help documentation for more details, but the SPC rule processing is only subject to the SPCChart applet results itself and alarms are typically indicated by the red center of the data point. If you do a right-click Data...SPC Results Detail and notice the tables of data you will see result sets for the upper and optional lower charts, as well as a table of table containing point specific alarm message(s). This dataset is produced in BLS by the SPC/SQC action block, which is what you could use to monitor a process behind the scenes with a scheduled TRX and alert accordingly.

By default the alerts are only user based and visual to the user looking at the applet.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy

Is there any method to get automatically SPC rules, Ex.Like n points in a row, same side of center line etc. (where n is a number specified by user).Please let me know the procedure

Thanks

Veeresh

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nothing automatic, but all of the mechanics are there for you to do this. Use Business Logic with a repeater if you want it done against the results of the SPC/SQC action block inside a TRX, and use JavaScript with a for loop if you want it done against an SPCChart applet on a web page.

The rest is up to you

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy

Please let me know how do we i get this SPC condition like Points in row on same side of center line(points defined by user).

Thanks

Veeresh

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to enable the proper alarm configuration in the SPCChart display template and the chart will take care of the alarming for the active query results.

0 Kudos

Veeresh,

This is a consulting level question but I'll give you a hint....use BLS there is an SQC/SPC action there.

Sam